Put on a kimono and stroll around Tokyo for a full enriching, cultural experience.
On arrival at kimono rental store in Asakusa, you'll be presented with a wide array of colourful kimonos to choose from. Make your selection before being whisked into the styling area where skilled experts will diligently dress you in your kimono (complete with robe, obi, bag, socks, shoes and shawl) and hair styling with decorative ornaments. After this, you'll have free time to stroll through Asakusa, an area which still retains a very traditional Tokyo atmosphere - the perfect backdrop for your photos! The Tokyo Kimono Experience offers a choice of packages designed for individuals, couples, friends and graduate students, and services in English, Japanese or Chinese.
What You Get
- 1 day kimono rental
- Professional dressing service
- Simple hair set + hair ornaments
- Luggage storage (if needed)
Kimono Rentals (Female Adult) Includes:
- Kimono, Obi, Undershirt, Bag, Socks, Sandals
Excludes: Accessories for Kimono, hair accessories
*Accessories to be paid in Japan Yen on the day of rental.
Available Time Slots
9 am, 9.30 am, 10 am, 10.30 am, 11 am, 11.30 am, 12 pm, 12.30 pm, 1 pm, 1.30 pm, 2 pm
Should the date/time chosen be unavailable, the next best available date/time will be suggested/provided to the customer.
- Arrive at kimono rental store
- Kimono selection (10 minutes)
- Put on kimono (15 minutes)
- Hair styling (15 minutes)
- Walk through Tokyo
- 4:30 pm kimonos must be returned to the shop
How To Buy
1. Select the preferred option and date and purchase online
2. Since this activity is extremely popular, email to firstname.lastname@example.org two preferred time slots, your travelling parties height and gender
3. Receive an email including the e-ticket from Changi Recommends within 2 working days and your actual start time will be indicated on the voucher.
4. Present the printed e-ticket for verification
Terms and Conditions
About the attraction:
- If you are 30 minutes late for your specified time, staff will charge 500 yen (per person) for handling fee and rearrange your scheduled time
- Please book tickets 9 working days in advance to ensure reservation during peak season and public holidays.
- All participants must be at least 140cm tall.
- Woman who are 5- 8 month pregnant can wear Kimonos, but the operator does not recommend pregnant woman in any other months of pregnancy to book this experience.
- Additional charges for professional photography, rickshaws etc.
- Since this activity is extremely popular, please choose two preferred time slots and your actual start time will be indicated on the voucher. You may be redirected to another shop if the response is overwhelming.
- Kimonos must be returned to the shop by 4:30 pm.
- The operator will be not fixed hairstyles once the customer steps out of the shop.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Aiwafuku Asakusa Shop 1: 1-chōme-13-13 Hanakawado, Taitō-ku, Tōkyō-to 111-0033 (東京都台東区花川戸１丁目13−13)