Travel through Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route via various modes of transportation and admire the gorgeous scenery! Visit Shirakawa-go and look at the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site! Explore the quaint town of Hida Takayama, also known as ''Little Kyoto''!
Embark on an overnight trip to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, Shirakawa-go and Hida Takayama! In this tour, you will explore the quaint town of Hida Takayama, which is also known as ‘‘Little Kyoto’’. You will also visit Shirakawa-go, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Over there, you can walk around the gassho-zukuri farmhouses and look at the unique thatched roof architecture. Afterwards, you will be brought to a hotel in Toyama for an overnight stay.
On the next day, you will start the journey through the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route from Toyama. You will travel through the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route via various transport modes and admire the beautiful sceneries. You will take the cable car from Tateyama to Bijodaira, before changing to the highland bus from Bijodaira to Murodo. On the way, you will be captivated to by the spectacular views of the forests, highlands and mountain ranges. At Murodo, the highest point of the Alpine Route, you will take a trolley bus, which runs inside a tunnel that pierces through the heart of Mt. Tateyama. Next, you will board the Tateyama ropeway, where you can enjoy a panoramic view of the beautiful nature. Afterwards, you will take the Kurobe cable car, which is the only underground cable car in Japan. You can also enjoy the view of the Kurobe Dam and watch the water discharge through its gates. Next, you will take the electric bus from Kurobe Dam to Ogizawa station. Afterwards, you will head to Azumino to do some shopping before returning to Shinjuku. Come and explore the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, Shirakawa-go and Hida Takayama in this 2-days-1-night trip!
Depart from Shinjuku (Tokyo Metropolitan Underground Car Park) at 07:50
Nyukawa (Shopping – 30 mins)
Hida Takayama (Stroll – 60 mins)
Shirakawa-go (Walk around the gassho-zukuri farmhouses village – 1 hours)
APA Hotel Toyama or same class hotel
Depart from Toyama
Tateyama (Cable Car – 7mins)
Bijodaira (Highland Bus – 60 mins)
Murodo (Trolley bus - 10 min)
Daikambo (Ropeway - 7 min)
Kurobedaira (Cable car - 5 min)
Lake Kurobe (Walk – 15 mins)
Kurobe Dam (Trolley Bus – 16mins)
Azumino (Shopping – 25mins)
Return to Shinjuku (Scheduled 19:30)
07:50 hours - 19:30 hours next day
What You Get
- 2D1N Trip to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, Shirakawa-go and Hida Takayama
Adult: Age 12 and above
Child: Age 6 to 11
Infant: Age 3 to 5
- Roundtrip bus transportation
- 1 Night Accommodation at Hotel APA Toyama or same class hotel
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast
- Admission fees specified in the itinerary
- Personal Expenses
- Lunch on Day 1 (unless opted for Bento Box)
- Lunch and Dinner on Day 2
- Infant price includes bus seat only
- Free of charge for children aged 2 and below
- Please note that on the alpine route, the tour travels through the mountains using several vehicles. Please join the tour in comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- It is recommended to put your belongings in a backpack to bring along the tour
- Please note that travelling along the Alpine route might have to be discontinued due to bad weather or other conditions. In such cases, vehicle fares for the areas not yet travelled will be refunded
- If the departure on Day 2 is early morning (06:00 – 07:00), a boxed bento breakfast may be served
- The order of the itinerary is subjected to change depending on the traffic conditions, weather etc.
- The tour is operated with a mix of Japanese and foreign passengers
- Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure time
- The tour conductor will arrive at the meeting place via different departure point to pick up other guests. Although the tour conductor could be late due to road conditions, please wait at the designated meeting point
- 2 single rooms might be provided in cases for those who made a reservation with 1 room for 2 participants. If you have a preference for your accommodation, please email to email@example.com when making a booking
- The tour end point may be different from the meeting point, please ask the tour conductor on the day
Optional Boxed Lunch (Day 1)
- Bento box containing specialities of Nagano Prefecture with tea: JPY 1,050
- Miso Dengaku ("Konnyaku" yam cake with miso spread) boxed lunch with tea: JPY850
- Contents in lunch box: Fried chicken & shrimp, grilled fish, simmered vegetables and more with steamed rice
- If you would like to opt for the boxed lunch, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days before the tour departure
- If you do not order the boxed lunch, please buy lunch during the break in the trip
How to Use
- Please show voucher to tour conductor
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- Please e-mail any amendments to email@example.com at least 7 days before the tour date.