Flowing through central Yamagata Prefecture, the Mogami River offers magnificent vistas of the Mogami Gorge surrounded by mountains on both sides. Take in this wonderous valley on a leisurely, one-hour boat ride down the Mogami River Basho Line.
Experience the Mogami River on this boat ride in central Yamagata Prefecture. Enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding natural scenery from the relaxing comfort of a traditional Japanese pleasure boat.
The Mogami River offers something special in each of the four seasons, and the boats are adapted to suit the season. In winter, you can even enjoy the ride down the Mogami River in a warm and toasty Kotatsu Boat (10:50, 12:50, and 14:50 departures only).
Flowing through central Yamagata, the Mogami River dominates the region's gorgeous landscape. The upstream region, notably the Mogami Gorge, is surrounded by mountains on both sides, creating breathtaking scenes all year round.
Experience the beauty of the Mogami Gorge on this leisurely, one-hour boat ride down the river on the famous Mogami Gorge Basho Line, named for the most renowned poet of the Edo period (1603–1868), Matsuo Basho (1644–1694), who composed a haiku incorporating the speed of the Mogami River.
Schedule: Depart Furuguchi Port → Arrive Kusanagi Port
- 10:50 → 11:50
- 11:50 → 12:50
- 12:50 → 13:50
- 13:50 → 14:50
- 14:50 → 15:50
What You Get
Mogami River Boat Ride in Tozawa Village
Adult: 13 years old and above
Child: 6 to 12 years old
- Personal expenses:
- Please complete registration procedures at least 15 minutes before departure time
- If you miss the timing to board the boat, no refunds will be provided
- The boat ride is one way: board at Furuguchi and disembark at Kusanagi.
- You may take a bus back from Kusanagi Port. Buses stop at Takaya Station, Furukuchi Station, and Furukuchi Port
- Ride a heated Kotatsu Boat during the winter (10:50, 12:50, 14:50 only)
- Children age 6 or under may ride for free
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Tozawahanfunabansho (5-minute walk from JR Furukuchi Station on Rikuu West Line)