Lake Hibara Kayaking Experience
Kayak around Lake Hibara in Bandai-Asashi National Park, and explore its maze of inlets known as 'ikarigata.' This tour promises both panoramic views and wilderness adventure, while you cruise easily in your kayak led by a Japanese guide.
Lake Hibara is the largest of the bodies of water created by the eruption of Mt. Bandai in 1888. Its formation blessed it with a fascinating shoreline of jungle-like inlets called 'Ikarigata' which are perfect to explore by kayak. Join a kayaking trip lead by local Japanese staff to explore this fascinating scenery, and marvel at the stunning views from the open lake!
Perched atop the water, you'll have panoramic views of Mt. Bandai and more than 40 beautiful islands of various sizes dotted around the waters. Lake Hibara sits high in the mountains, some 800 meters above sea levels, and as you glide across its surface you'll feel closer than ever to the peak of Mt. Bandai above you.
From cherry blossoms in spring to verdant summer green, autumnal leaves and snowy winter scenes, Laker Hibara draws visitors with its magnificent views all year round. Book now and join them!
- 09:00/ 12:30 — Gather at Baccs Hibarako Shop
- 09:05/ 12:35 — Briefing on land
- 09:30/ 13:00 — Further briefing on the lake
- 10:00/ 13:30 — Kayaking
- 11:30/ 15:00 — Finish, debrief
Available twice daily, from May 1 to October 11, 2020
Timings: 9 am or 12.30 pm
What You Get
Lake Hibara Kayaking Experience
Adult/Child: Age 6 to 80
- Kayak, paddle, life jacket
- Japanese-speaking guide
- Photography and photo data
- English language guidance
- Pickup service
- Participants must be aged 6–80
- Children aged 6–12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- The kayaks are designed for use by two people; we cannot accept bookings for solo guests
- The staff are not fluent in English, but will communicate with simple language and gestures to lead you to the best spots
- Please come dressed in clothes and shoes you don't mind getting wet. Long sleeves and trousers are recommended to prvent sunburn. You may choose to wear beach sandals
- Do note that the venue has toilets for your convenience
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at Baccs Hibarako, Kitashiobara-mura, Yama-gun, Fukushima Prefecture