Famed for its traditional onsen, beautiful parks and unique museums, Hanamaki City is overflowing with fantastic sightseeing spots for the visitor, including several renowned museums.
The best, and most fun way, to explore Hanamaki City is by Donguri Yamaneko, a local retro jumbo taxi. Incredibly stylish and comfortable, this taxi ride is bound to be one of the most memorable rides of your life.
This enthralling half-day tour departs twice a day, with different itineraries for morning and afternoon tours that include short stops lasting between 20 and 40 minutes, to discover some of the area’s must-see museums.
- Pickup from JR Shin-Hanamaki Station at 13:00
- Hanamaki Nitobe Memorial Museum
- Miyazawa Kenji Memorial Museum
- Wine Chateau Ohasama
- Hayachine & Kenji Museum
- Drop-off between 16:30-17:35
Hanamaki Nitobe Memorial Museum
The Hanamaki Nitobe Memorial Museum is a tribute to the Nitobe family, who lived in Hanamaki for 220 years. The family were known for their philanthropic contributions to the city, especially in creating new rice fields to develop the surrounding region. Inazo Nitobe, born in 1862, was so renowned that he appeared on the former 5000 Yen note.
Kenji Miyazawa Ihatobu Center
Another of Japan’s best-loved authors, the works of poet and children’s writer Kenji Miyazawa are celebrated at this museum showcasing artworks and original texts. Several of his works were made into anime films, and can be seen on display.
Wine Chateau Ohasama
The Wine Chateau Ohasama is among Japan’s most well-known wineries, famed in particular for its superb Edelwein. Here you can visit the museum to learn the story behind the chateau, indulge in some tastings, and of course buy any of the wines you’d like to take home with you.
Hayachine and Kenji Museum
The inspiration behind some of Kenji Miyazawa’s stories was his experience on a geological survey to Mt. Hayachine, the highest mountain in Japan’s Kitakami range. At this museum you’ll find many of his fascinating and valuable documents, as well as a replica of the lodge the writer stayed in on the mountain.
Tour duration: 1pm to 4.30 pm
What You Get
Hanamaki City Museums Afternoon Tour in a Retro Taxi
- Admission to museums
- Jumbo retro taxi fare
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons
- Please inform us of your preferred drop-off point via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.