Aizu Sightseeing Day Tour
Visit various historic places in Aizu such as Tsuruga Castle, Mt. Iimori and Ouchi-juku and learn more about their culture and way of life
Visit various iconic places in Aizu and gain a better understanding of the history and culture of the place. First up, take a stroll on Mt. Iimori, aplace with numerous myths and historic spots, including the grave of the 19 young soldiers of the Byakkotai (White Tiger Corps) unit and the 31 memorials to the other young soldiers who died in subsequent battles. Then, visit a sake brewery and enjoy shopping for delicious sake. Aizu region has many sake breweries thanks to its clear spring waters and excellent quality rice. For lunch, tuck into a Japanese set meal to refuel before heading on to Tsuruga Castle. The castle is a symbol of Aizu that resisted attacks during the Boshin War. You will be able to enter the only castle having red tiled roofs for its main tower. From the 5th floor, you can see a panoramic view of Aizu Wakamatsu city, Aizu basin and Mt. Bandai when the weather is clear. The tour will then bring you to Kashiwaya which is famous for thin skinned manju, steamed yeast bun with filling. You will have some time to do shopping as well. The final stop will be Ouchi-juku, a former post town established in the Edo period (1640) that still exists today. With about 50 thatched roof houses lined up on the street, you can enjoy walking amidst an original Japanese townscape. From mid to late April you can view cherry blossoms, and from May to June enjoy the fresh green colors of the leaves.
- Sendai Station East Exit (Meet 7:50 / Depart 8:00)
- Mt. Iimori (Stroll / approx. 70 mins)
- Sake Brewery (Visit, shopping / approx. 30 mins)
- Tsurugajo Kaikan (Lunch / approx. 50 mins)
- Tsuruga Castle (Visit / approx. 40 mins)
- Kashiwaya (Shopping / approx. 20 mins)
- Ouchi-juku (Stroll / approx. 60 mins)
- Sendai Station (Scheduled 19:40)
Tour duration: 7.50 am to 7.40 pm (12 hours)
What You Get
Aizu Sightseeing Day Tour
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 6 to 11 years old
Infant: 3 to 5 years old
- Tour fees
- Admission fees specified in the itinerary
- Children age 2 and below may join the tour for free. However, the child will not be entitled to a seat. If your child requires a seat, please purchase the infant ticket.
- The infant ticket includes a bus seat only. No meals are included.
- All included expenses will not be refunded if unused
- Peak flower viewing period could be before/after the tour day depending on the weather/climate.
- The scenery from Tsuruga Castle Tower and Mt. Iimori may not be viewed in case of bad weather conditions.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- The order of the itinerary is subject to change
- This tour is operated with a mixture of Japanese and foreign guests. However a staff member will give you the basic information, such as meeting place and time at each stop in English or Chinese, although they won’t give you detailed information on the places visited.
- We will not be responsible for any delays, shortenings or omissions made to the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather etc.)
- The tour end point may be different from the meeting point. Ask the tour conductor on the day.
- Food menu is subjected to availability of ingredients
How to Use
- After making your bookings, send your full name, gender and age of each traveller to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon receiving your details, your booking will be processed within two working days
- A second confirmation will be sent to you.Your booking is only confirmed when you receive this email.
- Present this confirmation email to the tour operator
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point: Sendai Station East Exit (7.50am)