Sakai Plaza Of Rikyu And Akiko Experience
Visit Sakai Plaza of Rikyu and Akiko Experience and enjoy a tea ceremony experience.
At Sakai Plaza of Rikyu and Akiko, you can get to know and experience both the Azuchi-Momoyama Period (1573-1603) Sakai of tea master Sen no Rikyu and the Meiji and Taisho Era (1868-1926) Sakai of poet Yosano Akiko. This is an ideal place to start your historical and cultural tour of Sakai. You can also experience Chanoyu (tea ceremony) at the plaza's experience rooms where you can sit in a chair and enjoy tea in the casual Ryurei style. Come and have a better understanding about Sakai's history and culture.
What You Get
Sakai Plaza of Rikyu and Akiko Experience
Adult: Age 18 and above
Youth: Age 15 to 17
Child: Age 6 to 14
Tea Ceremony Experience
- Admission to Sen no Rikyu Chanoyu (Tea Ceremony) Museum
- Admission to Yosano Akiko Museum
- Other facility fares in Sakai Risho no Mori
- Personal expenses
- Children below the age of 6 can enter for free
- The e-voucher is valid for 60 days from the date of purchase
- The third Tuesday of each month is closed. If the day coincides with a holiday, it will be closed for one more day.
- Please note that you may be arranged to the next timeslot if the one you selecte is fully booked
How to Use
- Please present the electronic QR code voucher to the staff on the day of use.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Address: 2-1-1 Shukuin-cho Nishi, Sakai-ku, Sakai City, Osaka 590-0958