Imagine complete convenience and flexibility when it comes to planning your travel itinerary route: That’s exactly what the Kansai Thru Pass offers! With just one pass, you can take the subways, private railways, and buses in the Kansai district. This includes Osaka , Kobe, and Kyoto, allowing you to visit Nara Wakayama, and Koyasan.
The Kansai Thru Pass comes in two- and three-day options, and can be used on separate, non-consecutive days. This means that if you buy a three-day pass, you can use it on any three days of the week, instead of say, Monday to Wednesday, for instance. The pass also entitles you to discounts at top attractions and places of interest in the region, including (but not limited to) Temposan Ferris Wheel, Kobe Bay Cruise, and Toei Kyoto Studio Park.
Please see below for the full range of transport networks you can take.
Do note that the Kansai Thru Pass is not eligible for use with the Japan Rail (JR) network. If you want to take JR trains, buses, or ferries, please purchase a JR Pass here.
Kansai Thru Pass
12 years old and above
6 to 11 years old
Who is eligible to purchase Kansai Thru Pass?
1. Foreign tourists visiting Japan from abroad on a short stay entry status.
2. Japanese nationals living abroad.
What discounts am I entitled to?
Please click here for discounted facilities
Please note that the tourist discounts are only valid on the days of usage of the pass. The Pass can be used on non-consecutive days during its period of validity (example: Mon, Wed and Fri in the case of a 3-day ticket).
How To Buy
1. Select the preferred date and purchase online
2. Receive an email with the redemption voucher.
3. Collect your physical tickets from the below Japan counters
4. Present the ticket to the operator for entry
Osaka Kansai Airport First Terminal Arrival
International route arrival hall north exit HIS Counter (JTR Signing Counter)
Opening Time: 08:30 ～22:00
Telephone number: 0081-80-4011-8818 (Chinese)
· Kansai Thru Pass is inclusive of the Airport Express (Nankai main line).
· For train lines unavailable for use in conjunction with the metro pass, cash in Yen will be paid on board the train.
· The Pass can be used on non-consecutive days during its period of validity (example: Mon, Wed and Fri in the case of a 3-day ticket).
· Please present the e-voucher to collect the physical tickets from the preferred Japan counter.
· The e-voucher is accepted only at Japan counters.
· When using for transportations, it is valid from the first service through the last service within a day. (Not for 24 hours from the time first used.)
· The e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
· The value of the e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
· Any alteration(s) on the e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
· No refunds will be entertained for cancellations.