On this visit to a sea bream farm, you’ll gain hands-on experience in pot fishing. You’ll be hosted by a master fisherman who will guide you during your time at the farm.
On this tour, you’ll enjoy the beautiful landscape of Minami Ise, a rural fishing town in eastern Mie that contains deeply indented bays. You’ll be able to catch a glimpse of the town that brings in one of the largest total catches of fish in Mie Prefecture. Additionally, you’ll visit the sea bream farm, and try pot fishing.
Your host is a recognized master fisherman, certified as an ‘Osakana Meister,’ which means you’ll be in expert hands and sure to learn a lot from your guide. You’ll also be able to visit Marukinmaru, known as the guesthouse of fisherman, and see their store for a variety of seafood products. Minami Ise is full of bountiful seafood for you to try. During this tour, you’ll be able to truly connect with the sea and fishing village through pot fishing!
Pot fishing is when you use a pot designed in the form of a cage or huge basket to fish. A rope is connected to the pot and placed in the water, either on the surface or in mid-water. These pots are left in the ocean to fish for either hours or days. Some pots use bait, typically consisting of pieces of fish. However, some pots don’t use bait at all, depending on the target species.
- 10:30 — Meet your guide at Michikata bus stop
- 10:40 — Move to Yueisuisan by car
- 11:00 — Explanation, put on life jacket and board
- 11:10 — Move to red sea bream farm, visit and feed fish at farm
- 11:40 — Move to the basket net fishing point, basket fishing experience, lecture on caught fish
- 12:40 — Return to the port, disembark, collecting life jackets, handing over souvenir fish
- 13:10 — Tour ends at Yueisuisan
10.30am to 1.10pm
What You Get
Sea Bream Farm Pot Fishing Experience
Adult:Age 13 and above
Child: Age 0 to 12
- Fishing boat
- Fishing boat boarding fee
- Life jacket rental
- Fish caught during the fishing experience
- If we have to cancel the tour due to stormy weather, we will inform you by the day before to refund or reschedule
- Please come in comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear (e.g. crocs)
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up by car from Michikata Bus Stop in Minami-Ise-cho, Mie Prefecture