Day Trip to Hida Takayama and Shirakawa-go from Nagoya
Explore Shirakawa-go, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and be wowed by its architecture. Discover Hida Takayama, the quaint traditional townscape, known as 'Little Kyoto'. Embark on a cultural learning journey at Takayama with this tour!
Visit the Gifu prefecture for a day and experience the traditions of Takayama! The first stop is Hida Takayama, an authentic traditional village in Gifu also known as “Little Kyoto”. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and taste the serenity in the village which has retained its traditional charms since the Edo period. Hop on a rickshaw and enjoy the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere of Hida Takayama.
While in Takayama, you must eat their specialty dishes! If you’ve opted in for the lunch package, you will be enjoying a delectable lunch with local dishes such as Hida beef sukiyaki and Kei-chan chicken. With quality and taste matching that of Kobe beef, Hida beef is not to be missed!
Work off the lunch by taking a stroll around Shirakawa-go, a village that takes you back to the time of shoguns and samurais. A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995, Shirakawa-go is a popular destination and a heaven for photography. With traditional thatched-roof houses and many cultural museums, this is the place to learn about the culture and heritage of Takayama. Indulge in the atmosphere of zen as you soak in the sights and sounds of the village and admire unique architecture. If you are visiting Japan, visiting Takayama is the best place for you to unwind and rejuvenate your senses!
07:50 Depart from JR Nagoya Station West Exit (Taikodori-guchi), Esca Shopping Mall
Stroll around Hida Takayama (Stroll/ Approx. 90 mins)
Lunch at Takayama (Hida beef sukiyaki & Kei-chan chicken)
Explore Shirakawa-go (Approx. 100 mins)
Drop off at Nagoya (Estimated 19:30)
07:50 hours to 19:30 hours (GMT +9)
What You Get
Day Trip To Hida Takayama And Shirakawa-go from Nagoya
Adult: Age 12 and above
Child: Age 6 to 11
Infant: Age 3 to 5
- Round-trip transportation by bus
- Tour Conductor (English/ Chinese)
- Free of charge for children age 2 and below and does not require a bus seat. If you require a seat and meals, please purchase a child or infant ticket
- Infant ticket includes bus seat only
- If you cannot eat beef, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days before tour date
- This tour is conducted together with Japanese participants
- Please wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes to join the tour
- Please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before departure time
- The bus will leave according to schedule and will not wait for late arrivals
- Smoking is prohibited in the bus
- Itinerary is subject to change depending on weather and traffic conditions etc.
- The tour ending point may be different from the meeting point. Please ask the tour conductor on the day of tour
How to Use
- Please present voucher or confirmation to tour conductor
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- Please e-mail any amendments to email@example.com at least 7 days before the tour date.
How to Get There
JR Nagoya Station West Exit (Esca Shopping Mall)