Shochu Distillery Tour And Tasting
See how Shochu is made and taste unrefined Shochu, Umeshu, and more!
Satsuma Shuzo is an authentic Shochu maker known for its flagship product, Satsuma Shiranami. Satsuma Shuzo's Shochu factory and museum, Meijigura, offers a distillery visit tour. You can directly see how Shochu is produced and taste a variety of Meijigura's original Shochu made with different types of sweet potatoes.
- Shochu distillery visit tour: You can observe the process how Shochu is produced.
- Climbing to the top of the tower : You can look over the whole city of Makurazaki.
- Taste unrefined Shochu, Umeshu (plum wine), and more! You can taste some valuable limited products.
- Purchasing: You can purchase Shochu at the shopping corner if you want
Duration: 40 minutes
Timing: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
What You Get
Shochu Distillery Tour and Tasting
Adult: 20 years old and above
- Tour of distillery
- Tasting session
- Personal expenses
- This activity requires a minimum of 5 participants
- The legal drinking age in Japan is 20
- An English menu and written instructions are available
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
26 Tategamihonmachi Makurazaki-shi, Kagoshima