Tea Ceremony Experience In Kyoto
Experience traditional Japanese tea ceremony in fluent English. Take the opportunity to watch a tea ceremony expert practice their craft, and then try it yourself!
Experience traditional Japanese tea ceremony in fluent English. Take the opportunity to watch a tea ceremony expert practice their craft, and then try it yourself! Tea ceremony lies at the heart of Japanese culture, and to enjoy this centuries old practice will help offer a deeper understanding of the history, architecture and tastes of our home. At Camellia we are dedicated to sharing the beautiful culture of tea with the world.At the start of your session, your instructor will welcome you with a brief introduction to the history and culture surrounding tea, before performing the tea ceremony itself. After being served a small traditional sweet, you will have the opportunity to make your own bowl of frothy Matcha under the guidance of your instructor.
Duration: 45 minutes
Timing: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm
What You Get
Tea Ceremony Experience in Kyoto
Adult: Age 13 and over
Child: Age 7 to 12
- Tea ceremony demonstration
- Traditional sweet
- Experience fees
- No charge for children aged 6 and under (sweets offered). Matcha has high caffeinecontent, so we do not serve tea to children under the age of 6.
- All the traditional sweets we serve are vegan and gluten-free, but if you have any allergy concerns please let us know.
- The experience will be conducted mainly in English
- If you require a chair, please let the instructor know
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
349-12 Masuya-cho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto-city