Cherry Blossoms And Strawberry Picking In Shiga
Indulge in cherry blossom viewing, seafood fresh from the sea, and strawberries plucked right off the stem
This tour will first bring you to Kaizu-Osaki where you can view sakura in a full bloom spread along the banks of Lake Biwa for 4 km. Thereafter, fuel up at Nihonkai Sakanamachi Seafood Market, the largest seafood market in the Sea of Japan. Tuck in to a fresh seafood rice bowl or other seafood of your choice with the JPY 1000 meal coupon provided. With a full stomach, head on to Kehi Jingu Shrine where the shrine's torii gate stands 11 meters tall and is registered as an Important Cultural Property. It is known as one of Japan’s three greatest wooden torii gates. Then, embark on all-you-can-pick and eat strawberry picking and stroll around Kurokabe Square and Ho Park before returning for the day.
Pick-up from Kyoto Avanti
Kaizu-Osaki: Cherry blossoms viewing
Nihonkai Sakanamachi Seafood Market
Kehi Jingu Shrine
Nagahama: Strawberry Picking
Nagahama: Stroll around Kurokabe Square and Ho Park
Drop-off at Kyoto Avanti
What You Get
Cherry Blossoms and Strawberry Picking in Shiga
Adult: Age 12 and Above
Child: Below 6 to 11 years old
Infant: Age 3 to 5 years old
- Entrance fees specified in the itinerary
- Meal Coupon
- Personal expenses
- Put on comfortable clothes and shoes suitable for walking
- The fruit picking activity will take place even in case of light rain. Depending on the fruit farm, using an umbrella may not be allowed, so it is strongly recommended to have a raincoat.
- Lunch is not included in the tour fee, but a meal coupon worth JPY 1,000 to spend in Nihonkai Sakanamachi Seafood Market will be provided.
- Children age 2 and below may join the tour for free. However, the child will not be entitled to a seat. If your child requires a seat, please purchase an infant ticket
- The infant ticket for children age 3 to 5 years old includes a bus seat and admission fees for strawberry picking. The JPY 1000 meal coupon at Nihonkai Sakanamachi Seafood Market is not included for infants
- Flower blooming time varies slightly according to weather. Peak viewing period could be before/after the tour day depending on the weather/climate. The tour will go ahead in principle once it is confirmed, even if you can't enjoy the cherry blossoms fully. Changes may be made to the itinerary depending on the situation.
- Fruit ripening time varies slightly according to weather. In some cases, pre-picked fruits might be served instead of fresh fruit picking activity
- Depending on traffic conditions etc, the order of the itinerary may change.
- When sightseeing place(s) is crowded or the traffic is congested, the time at the sightseeing place(s) may be shortened or the sightseeing place(s) may be omitted partially, or the tour end time may be delayed.
- The tour bus stops at several meeting points to pick up participants and comes to your meeting point. The bus may be late due to the traffic or other circumstances, but the bus definitely comes to your meeting point. Please make sure to wait for the bus at the designated meeting place.
- This tour is operated with a mixture of Japanese and foreign guests. A staff member will give you the basic information, such as meeting place and time at each stop in English or Chinese. However, do note that detailed introduction of the places visited will not be provided
- We will not be responsible for any delays, shortenings or omissions made to the itinerary due to circumstances beyond our control (traffic, weather etc.)
- The tour end point may be different from the meeting point. Ask the tour conductor on the day
- Should you wish to drop-off at Shinjuku Washington Hotel, please inform the tour conductor on the tour day
- Food menu is subject to changes and depends on availability
How to Use:
- After placing your booking, email the full name, age and gender of each traveller to email@example.com
- Upon receiving your information, your booking is processed
- Do note that your tour is not confirmed until informed as tours are subject to availability and demand. You will be updated on your tour booking via email.
- Present confirmation email to the tour operator on the tour date
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Pick-up point: Kyoto Avanti