Painting And Calligraphy Experience With Squid Ink
Experience Shoga Art (Painting and Calligraphy) in Hakodate. The unique experience starts with cutting a squid and making ink. You can freely draw pictures and letters using squid ink.
Take part in a unique experience of drawing pictures and calligraphy using squid ink in Hakodate. Squid ink differs in composition from calligraphy ink and has a high viscosity. A strange gradation can be drawn depending on the paper used and the amount of water used to dilute, so rich expression is possible with only one color ink. Let's freely express letters and illustrations using squid ink obtained from high-quality squid, a specialty of Hokkaido. The completed artwork is framed, so you do not have to worry about bending while traveling. It's easy to get squid as a souvenir from Hokkaido, but this is the only experience you can bring back your own artwork drawn with squid ink. Why not give it a try?
Activity timing: 11am or 2pm
Duration: 60 mins
What You Get
Painting and Calligraphy Experience with Squid Ink
Adult/Child: 6 years old and above
- Squid ink
- Painting tools
- English language support is available through POCKETALK voice translation device
- Squid ink is safe to ingest if it happens to go into the mouth.
- If squid ink accidentally sticks to your clothes, it may not come off easily. Please come in clothes you do not mind getting dirty.
- A knife is used to cut a squid in the process of the activity. A participating child 12 years old and below needs to be accompanied and supervised by a guardian.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Cultural Experience Cafe & Bar "HAKODATE Suginami"
Old Style Hotel Hakodate Goryokaku 1F, 29-23, Honcho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0011