Haskap Picking And Jam Making Experience
This is a haskap (mid-July to late July) harvest experience. Haskap is a fruit, also known for Lonicera caerulea or blue honeysuckle, which has a similar flavor as blueberry grown in Hokkaido. The harvested fruit can be made into jam and brought back.
Jozankei Farm is a novel fruit theme park with land covering 21 hectares. The huge complex has a variety of attractions, including not only fruit picking, but also "tree trekking" and zip lines, and orchard gardens where you can enjoy seasonal fruit trees and flowering trees with your five senses. It is a spot suitable for families as offering original gourmet food using fruits and vegetables harvested in the park. There is also a restaurant in the park, and the recommendation menu is "Jozankei Burger"! It is a full-sized hamburger made with original handmade buns, 100% luxurious patty of Aussie beef, fruit sauce from Jozankei Farm, and pickled cucumbers. You will definitely be satisfied with it!
For this plan, you may enjoy Haskap harvesting and jam making. Haskap is a specialty fruit of Hokkaido, famous for its richness in nutrition, and as a symbol of longevity. Haskap can be harvested from mid-July to late July. Make jam using fruit you harvested, and bring it aback as an original souvenir from Hokkaido. A free transfer from Jozankei Tourist Information Center is available. Alternatively, you may also head directly to Jozankei farm.
Time: 10 am or 2 pm
Duration: 60 minutes
- 30 minutes picking
- 30 minutes jam making
What You Get
Haskap Picking and Jam Making Experience
Adult: 12 years old and above
Child: 4 to 11 years old
- Fruit picking
- Jam making
- Jam jars
- Transfer from Jozankei Tourist Information Center
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Children 3 years old and below may join the activity for free. They should be accompanied by an adult.
- Please come in clothes that are easy to move in and that you do not mind dirtying
- As fruit ripening is unpredictable and depends on various conditions, you may not be able to harvest fruit on the activity day. In that case, it is possible to use pre-harvested frozen fruit for jam making.
- If the activity cannot be held due to weather, etc., you will be notified by email by 17:00 the day before.
- Free transfer from Jozankei Tourist Information Center (3-225, Jozankei Onsen Higashi, Minami-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido) (4.3 km to Jozankei Farm, about 5-10 minutes by car, about 1 hour on foot)
- For the free transfer from Jozankei Tourist Information Center, please tell the reception staff that you want to go to Jozankei Farm. A ban "Hiace" will come to pick you up for free transfer.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
For free transfer service:
- Jozankei Tourist Information Center
- 3-225, Jozankei Onsen Higashi, Minami-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido, 061-2302
To go directly on your own:
- Jozankei Farm
- 832, Jozankei, Minami-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido