Setouchi Islands Cycling Tour
With this cycling tour, you will get to discover the uniqueness of the “SETOUCHI Islands”
With this cycling tour, you will get to discover the uniqueness of the “SETOUCHI Islands”, that got the 7th place at the must-go-destinations ranking in 2019 of the New York Times! A friendly local guide will guide you around hidden spots with beautiful island scenery only known to local people. You will be able to reach these spots thanks to the electric bicycle that allows to go farther than just walking by foot. Learn the island's unique culture and history, such as the local specialties. oyster farming and shipbuilding while admiring the islands countryside scenery.
Here are some of the highlights of the tour:
- Hiroshima Prefecture is famous for its oyster farms. Among them, Etajima(SETOUCHI Islands) has the highest amount of oyster rafts in Japan. This spot with the calm sea and the oyster raft floating on the sea surface is a special view that can only be seen from there!
- Islands have only a few flat areas so the houses are built directly on the mountain-side, that creates unique cityscapes. The island's local narrow roads have not changed since a long time have a retro touch to it. With the bikes, you can go through roads too narrow for the cars and access hidden spots with nostalgic sceneries of the island.
- Go through the spots on the secret sky road in which you can see the whole island and feel as if you are flying in the sky with the amazing view. This farm road going through the island hills is so secret that only a few cars and people are taking it. Although this road is off the main road and can not be visited by ordinary sightseeing, it is safe thanks to the local guide that will guide you around. This is a special place that you will never be able to experience at the city!
- Meeting at the Mitaka Port
- Meeting with guide, self introductions, rental bicycle procedure
- Cycling along the sea
- Walking along the local path
- Cycling along the Sky Road
- End of the plan at the Koyo Port
Tour timing: 10 am or 1 pm
Duration: 3 hours
What You Get
Setouchi Islands Cycling Tour
Adult/child: 153 cm and above
- Guiding fee
- Rental bicycle fee
- Bicycle insurance
- Ferry fee
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- This is a group tour. You will be joining other participants
- As you will have to take a ferry from Hiroshima to Mitaka Port, please plan ahead and allocate sufficient time for travelling. Do take into account the possibility of ferry delays.
- No drinking of alcohol on the tour
- Those with physical conditions or are pregnant are not allowed to participate due to safety reasons
- The tour will be cancelled in case of rain
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point : Mitaka Port
- Miyoshi, Okimicho, Etajima City, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Note that you will have to take a ferry from Hiroshima port to Mitaka port