Itsukushima Shrine Oyster Raft Tour
A premium experience where you can go on a boat of oyster fishermen and visit the large torii gate of World Heritage site Itsukushima Shrine by sea
Let's visit the World Heritage site Itsukushima Shrine by sea! You will be guided by local fishermen, who are cultivating Hiroshima's specialty: oysters. These local fishermen work near the World Heritage site every day and will guide you to the Itsukushima Shrine. During high tide it's possible to pass through the torii gate with a boat. In this plan, you will also be guided to an oyster raft. Oysters are the specialty of Hiroshima. How are oysters cultivated? After listening to the explanation of the fishermen you'll be able to understand this. Please let the staff know if you want to take your time looking around. According to your requests it's possible to stop, go around and take pictures so that you can enjoy your very own tour.
After the tour has ended, since you've been guided by fishermen, you can enjoy all-you-can-eat oysters. If you would like to, please select the add-on when making your booking. This is available for a limited time only from November until May. It's a plan which comes with free charcoal which is normally 400 yen and the privilege of having reserved seats which are always very crowded. Please enjoy this special experience which you can't experience when sightseeing Hiroshima the usual way.
Arrival→Go aboard→Oyster raft tour→Visit World Heritage site Itsukushima Shrine→Leave the ship (Time: Around 40 min. ~ 1 hour 30 min.)→(Optional: Meal)→End
Meeting time: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Activity duration: 40 mins - 90 mins
What You Get
Itsukushima Shrine Oyster Raft Tour
Adult/Child: 6 years old and above
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants
- The O-torii gate of Itsukushima Shrine has been under renovation since June 2019. There is a possibility that it cannot be seen as per normal.
- The landing pier and the deck of the boat are very slippery, so make sure you wear clothes and shoes easy to move around in.
- The boat used for this tour does not have a cabin and a roof, so please dress warmly.
- The boat does not have a restroom, so please make sure you relieve yourself before boarding the boat.
- Please arrive at Shimada Suisan 10 minutes before the boat leaves. If you arrive late for the departure time, your reservation will be counted as a cancellation on the day of the tour.
- Please note in advance that the tour might be canceled because of the weather or other circumstances.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meeting point ：Shimada Suisan
- 1-2-6 Miyajimaguchi Nishi, Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima 739-0412
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure