Knife Sharpening Lesson In Niigata
Learn how to maintain your knives on a daily basis and deepen your knowledge of Japanese cutlery. This course includes a kitchen knife made by our designated manufacturer in Tsubamesanjo.
Tsubamesanjo is nationally famous as a production area of cutlery, and we sell several hundred different types of knives in our shop. In response to the inquiries from our customers that they do know how to sharpen knives, now we offer “knife sharpening lesson” using whetstones. We provide you with an opportunity to learn how to maintain knives on a daily basis and to deepen your knowledge of the Japanese cutlery. This course includes a kitchen knife made by our designated manufacturer in Tsubamesanjo.
- Explanation: learn how to sharpen kitchen knives correctly to maintain the degree of sharpness.
- Try to sharpen a knife using whetstones
- Use the kitchen knife you have sharpened to see how it will cut
Timing: 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm
Duration: 30 minutes
What You Get
Knife Sharpening Lesson in Niigata
Adult: 16 years old and above
- A kitchen knife manufactured in Tsubamesanjo (as a souvenir)
- Tools required for the experience (a kitchen knife for rent, whetstones, etc.)
- Personal expenses
- Please inform the staff upon arrival at TSUBAMESANJO Regional Industry Promotion Center
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
1st Floor of TSUBAMESANJO Regional Industry Promotion Center
1-17, Sugoro, Sanjo-shi, Niigata-ken