Immerse in the story of the rise and fall of the Venetian Empire as you explore two top attractions in Venice, Doge's Palace & St. Mark's Basilica
Step inside the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica to learn the history of Venice, one captivating tale after another. You'll meet your local guide in St. Mark's Square, one of the loveliest public squares in all of Europe, before using your pre-reserved tickets to skip long lines for a complete St Marks Basilica tour.
Inside, you'll encounter opulence at a level you can barely imagine. With 43,000 square feet of golden mosaics glowing above your head, you'll explore this vast church and hear the story of how it was founded through angelic prophecy and, um, grave robbing; as well as how it grew along with the fortunes of Venice, which weren't always the most scrupulous. With special access, you'll also get to see some of its most coveted treasures, like the beautiful Pala d'Oro altarpiece, and the first level, where you'll find the famous bronze horses (they have a great story) and get closer to the mosaics. Finally, step out onto the balcony of the church for a beautiful view over St. Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace and the lagoon beyond.
Next up, your skip the line Doge's Palace tour. Walk through the palace doors and enter into the administrative and political heart of an empire that once encompassed much of the Mediterranean. You'll explore the general access rooms, as well as the incredible council chamber where the Doges held their most important meetings under frescoes by Veronese and Tintoretto. As you marvel at the architecture and decorations, your guide will tell you about all the backstabbing and skullduggery that went on behind the scenes here; and why one of the Doges has been covered with a veil in his official portrait.
You'll also walk through the palace armory, featuring all the weapons that Venice used to defend its trade routes; as well as the New Prisons, where inmates could be thrown for a litanny of offenses that were deemed threatening to life in the lagoon. On the way you'll stroll across the famous Bridge of Sighs, which, as your guide will tell you, isn't quite as romantic as you might have thought.
Led by a local tour guide, this tour is the most enjoyable (and affordable) way to get a taste for the history of Venice. With Skip the Line access at both the busiest sites in the city, it's the best way to make the most of your time on the islands of Venice.
- Tour duration: 3 hours
- Visitors under 2 years of age may participate in this tour free
- Visitors are advised to observe appropriate dress codes during their visit to St. Mark’s Basilica.
- As the Basilica is a holy place, the premises insist that both men and women wear clothing that covers their shoulders and knees.
- Visitors that do not meet this standard may be denied entry
- Kindly note that St. Mark’s Basilica has very tight rules about what you can and cannot bring inside
- Anything bigger than a purse - including backpacks or luggage – is NOT allowed inside the Basilica
- Visitors are permitted to enter Doge’s Palace with handbags and small backpacks, but any large backpacks or luggage are not permitted inside
Tour departs at 09:00 hrs or 14:00 hrs
*Tour departure time is subjected to availability - In the event that the timeslot selected is unavailable, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email
What You Get
- Skip the Line St. Mark's Basilica tickets
- Skip the Line Doge's Palace tickets
- Expert local tour guide
- Groups limited to 25 people or fewer
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.
How to Get There
Kindly refer to your booking confirmation for instructions and directions to the meeting point.