Mount Etna: Excursion from Catania
Stand at the peak of the highest volcano in continental Europe
Your tour will begin in Catania and you will walk right into Mount Etna’s eruptive history. Take along an extraterrestrial landscape of volcanic slopes and be transported to another world, while getting fiery facts from you local guide.
Beginning your hike at a black sea of solidified lava from the 1991 eruption, you will see native flora and fauna unique to the area, get sublime views of hot lava flows, explore a lava cave, and trek to Valle del Bove, a horseshoe-shaped cavity formed by an avalanche of rocks.
- Tour duration: 5.5 Hrs
- Children under 3 can join for free
- Difficulty of the route: Easy, but solid hiking shoes are necessary
- You can't bring luggage on this tour
- No baby car seats are provided, please bring your own for your child if applicable
Tour departs at 08:45 hrs. Please ensure to be on time.
Piazza Papa Giovanni XXIII, 6, 95131, Catania
Crateri Silvestri Inferiore, 95030 Nicolosi, Catania
What You Get
- Half-day guided tour from Catania to Mount Etna
- Professional guide providing detailed information on the volcano and its flora and fauna
- Hike up the Etna and to the inner parts of the crater
- Visit inside a lava cave
- Cave kit (helmet and torch)
- Cable car ride
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
How to Use
- Kindly display printed or mobile voucher to the guide outside the Bar Nafè in Catania
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.