Go on a day trip along the Amalfi Coast, combining two of Italy’s most iconic locations into a single unforgettable day
The Amalfi Coast and the ruins of Pompeii are two of Italy's most iconic destinations - but most people don't realize that they're manageable on a day trip from Rome. Meet your fluent, English-speaking tour leader and hop onboard our air-conditioned minibus for a well-balanced adventure. We'll even have you home in time for dinner.
Your day starts early in central Rome, where we pick you up before rush hour and slip out of the city for the 3.5-hour drive to Pompeii. Once there you'll meet a local archaeologist, the perfect person to lead this leg of your adventure. Explore 2,000 year-old streets and the ruins of houses, restaurants, temples, business, and (if appropriate for the group) brothels. As you wander the streets, your guide will tell you stories of the rise of this once-bustling city and its catastrophic demise after the eruption of nearby Mt. Vesuvius.
Timings on our Pompeii tour change to suit the visitor flow on that particular day. In most cases, we visit Pompeii early in the morning, before the cruise ships arrive. However, there are days where cruise ships arrive early and we flip the tour, to visit Pompeii in the quieter afternoon. Whatever the timing on your tour, rest assured that your day will be carefully planned to get you the best experience possible.
After Pompeii you'll get back into the van to enjoy one of the most beautiful drives in the world, as you head into the fabled Amalfi Coast. Snap a few pictures from unbelievable lookout points, as your tour leader tells you the history of this stretch of coastline, which has changed from a collection of fishing villages to one of the most visited areas of Italy.
You'll disembark in the lovely town of Positano where you can enjoy a leisurely lunch of fresh seafood, shop in the fashionable boutiques, or even hop into the blue waters of the Bay of Naples (don't forget to bring a swimsuit!)
After an enchanting afternoon you'll board your transport for the final drive back to Rome. You should be back in your hotel room just in time for a late meal.
Exploring Pompeii from Rome is a busy day, but an unforgettable one.
- Tour duration: 13 hours
- Visitors under 2 years of age may participate in this tour free
- Tours run rain or shine so please dress for the elements. Visitors are advised to bring along hats and sunscreen when participating in this tour during summer
- Visitors are advised to bring along swimwear as water activities are being planned for this tour
- PLEASE NOTE: In low season (November - March) most restaurants and businesses in Positano close, making the town a rather dull visit. During this time, we will instead visit Sorrento town – another beautiful Amalfi Coast town, where you will have ample choices for lunch and shopping
Tour departs at 07:15 hrs
*Kindly note that the tour departure time is subjected to change; any alternative arrangements will be communicated via email
What You Get
- Round-trip transport from Rome
- Skip the Line entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Expert Pompeii tour guide
- Fluent tour leader to accompany you from Rome
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Free time in Positano town
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.
How to Get There
Kindly refer to your booking confirmation for instructions and directions to the meeting point.