Learn the stories of the Colosseum and then step back in time at the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill to explore life in Ancient Rome.
Whatever you think you know about the Colosseum goes out the window when you visit on a small group tour with an archaeologist guide. This tour immerses you in the real history of the arena, from the truth of its name to the vicious blood sports that took place inside. There is no more insightful or entertaining way to see the Colosseum.
With a small group of no more than 15 people and an expert local guide who has studied ancient Roman history for years, you'll skip entrance lines that often extend for hours and head right inside the Colosseum.
As you explore this huge structure, you'll learn all about the reasons it was built and what went on inside. From blood curdling mass executions, to wild and extravagant animal hunts, mock battles, and the rumor that the Colosseum was once flooded to stage a naval battle. The history of this place really is stranger than fiction.
Of course, you'll also get to hear all about the gladiator games that were the most famous of the entertainments hosted in the Colosseum. You'll break through myths about who exactly lost their lives here and what gesture was used to order their deaths.
After an hour exploring on your Colosseum tour, your guide will take you to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill to learn what everyday life was like in Ancient Rome. As you traverse the center of the Ancient Roman world, stones will come to life with stories of political intrigues, crazy emperors, pagan religious practices, and more than a few murder plots.
At the Roman Forum you'll see the final resting place of Julius Caesar, the ruins of temples, and the main centers for business and politics in Ancient Rome. The Palatine Hill takes you even further back in time. This is where the she-wolf found Remus & Romulus, where the brothers fought for the right to build a city, and where Rome first grew and prospered. The Forum & Palatine Hill are often overlooked by visitors who have difficulty deciphering ruins on their own. With an expert guide on hand however, you'll learn why these sites are really far more important (and interesting!) than the Colosseum.
If you are looking for an experience to introduce you to the might and magic of the Roman Empire, this is one that shouldn't be missed.
- Tour duration: 3 hours
- Visitors under 2 years of age may participate in this tour free
- Kindly note that the sights on this tour may be visited in a different order occasionally. This happens due to logistical changes and snap decisions made by tour guides to avoid crowds and thus improve your visit
- Tours run rain or shine so please dress for the elements. Visitors are advised to bring along hats and sunscreen when participating in this tour during summer
- Visitors are advised to wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a lot of walking involved on this tour
- Kindly note that there is a maximum admission policy for the Colosseum, visitors may be subjected to a short wait before entry into the Colosseum is permitted
Tour departs at 08:30 hrs, 09:00 hrs, 10:00 hrs, 13:30 hrs or 15:15 hrs
*Tour departure time is subjected to availability - In the event that the timeslot selected is unavailable, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email
What You Get
- Skip the Line tickets for the Colosseum & Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Expert guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.
How to Get There
Kindly refer to your booking confirmation for instructions and directions to the meeting point.