Get a whole new perspective on the ancient city and the disaster that destroyed it with this skip the line Pompeii tour.
If you tried to see all the highlights of Pompeii by yourself, you could spend days wandering the ruins and still miss a lot of them. When you go with an expert certified guide, one who has worked on these very ruins no less, the lost city comes alive with the stories and artifacts of the past.
Skipping the long entrance lines, you and your small group of 15 people or fewer will embark on a journey into the heart of an ancient Roman city, both destroyed and incredibly preserved by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79.
As your guide tells you the exciting and tragic story of the city's rise and fall, you'll visit all the most popular sites, like the stunning Roman Forum with its views of Mt. Vesuvius, ancient fast food restaurants, private villas, apartment buildings, temples, theaters, bath houses, and (if age appropriate) a brothel featuring risqué frescoes of the type of, ahem, services rendered.
You'll also visit the famous plaster death casts of people who were killed in the eruption that buried the city.
As you move through the site, your archaeologist guide will bring the old stones to life with stories about the people who used to live here, their lives, beliefs, and customs. You'll learn what they ate and drank, what they did for fun, and why, when Mt Vesuvius started to spray ash into the sky, they made no attempt to evacuate the city. With 5-star guides on your Pompeii tour, you will get a good grasp of history and gain the ability to interpret it into an almost familiar image.
There is no archaeological site in the world quite like Pompeii and there is no better way to enjoy such a tour of epic scope and detail.
- Tour duration: 3 hours
- Visitors under 2 years of age may participate in this tour free
- Tours run rain or shine so please dress for the elements. Visitors are advised to bring along hats and sunscreen when participating in this tour during summer
- Please be informed that only small bags are allowed into Pompeii. Larger bags or backpacks will have to be left in the luggage lockers in the train station. Tripods are also not allowed
Tour departs at 10:30 hrs
What You Get
- Skip the Line Pompeii tickets
- Expert archaeologist tour guide
- Small groups of max 15 people
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.
How to Get There
Kindly refer to your booking confirmation for instructions and directions to the meeting point.