GET THE MOST FROM YOUR VISIT, UNDERSTANDING THE SIGHTS BEFORE YOU.
Experience Pompeii without the stress of following a map and trying to decipher ruins by yourself. With an expert archaeologist on hand, you'll be taken right to the coolest sights Pompeii has to offer and truly understand what they are.
You’ll see all of the most popular sites, including a Roman bakery and the Roman Forum. You’ll learn what Ancient Romans ate and drank, what they did for fun and the sad, misguided beliefs they held about the cause for those ground tremors they felt before the eruption, or the frequent clouds of ash from the nearby Mt. Vesuvius.
Of course you’ll visit what, for many visitors, is the highlight of their Pompeii tour – the world-famous plaster casts of those killed in the eruption; eerie and moving glimpses of what it must have been like to experience Armageddon.
We recently extended our Pompeii tour to also include the amphitheater - Pompeii's own Colosseum - which is a little off the beaten path in a more peaceful part of the ruins, so you can easily imagine what it was like to watch a performance here in summer, on a warm Italian evening.
POMPEII GUIDES HAND CHOSEN FOR THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND FRIENDLINESS.
Tour operators are required to use official Pompeii tour guides at the archaeological ruins. We’ve chosen only the best of the bunch to work with, hand-picking guides with passion and knowledge, not to mention the storytelling skills required to bring this incredible city to life for you. As on all our tours, we only work with the best 5- star guides, because we understand that they’re the most important element of any tour. So when you walk with Walks, you can trust that you’re getting the best.
If you take a guided tour on only one stop of your Italy vacation, make it Pompeii. With the power to entrance and delight, Pompeii is a hieroglyphic of a site, needing an expert touch to translate. But in the hands of the right archaeologist, it truly comes to life as a living, breathing city.
Ages 13 years and above
Ages 4 to 12
Departure time:2.30 pm
Departure point: Pompeii train station
Duration: 3 Hours
How To Buy
1. Select date and purchase online
2. Receive an email including the e-ticket within 2 working days
65 6701 1185
8403 4722 (Text only)
· You will receive a separate email containing the e-voucher within 2 working days.
· Local operator reserves the right to modify the route and alter the itinerary in case of a force majeure or reasons beyond our control
· Changi Recommends and the merchant will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual’s negligence.
· Changi Recommends will not be responsible for the loss of ticket caused by individual’s negligence.
· The e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
· The value of the e-ticket is in Singapore dollars.
· Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
· No amendments or cancellations are allowed.
Reaching Pompeii by train from Rome:
First, take a train from Rome (“Roma Termini”) to Naples (“Napoli Centrale”). You can view train times, prices and book your tickets in advance on www.trenitalia.com.
We recommend taking the fastest train, Frecciarossa, which takes about one hour.
Once at the Napoli Centrale train station, take the Circumvesuviana train, which you can access directly from the Naples station. Take the Napoli-Sorrento Circumvesuviana line. Trains leave about every half hour, arriving at the Pompeii Scavi – Villa dei Misteri stop in about 30 minutes. For more information about the Circumvesuviana train schedule, please visit: http://www.vesuviana.it/web/en/Orari.
By train from Sorrento or Naples:
Take the Napoli-Sorrento Circumvesuviana line. Trains leave about every half hour, arriving at the Pompeii Scavi – Villa dei Misteri stop in about 30 minutes. For more information about the Circumvesuviana train schedule, please visit: http://www.vesuviana.it/web/en/Orari.