Be transported back to the 16th century Italy and into the minds of history’s great creative geniuses. You will discover the story of David’s creation, from a massive slab of rough marble to a timeless emblem of Florentine liberty.
Standing at an impressive 5.17 meters tall, David's (mostly) Goliath-like proportions were a symbol of the defense of civil liberties in the ancient Republic of Florence. It's no coincidence that his icy glare is pointing towards Rome.
You will embark on a journey into the Italian cultural revolution that changed the face of Western civilization forever. After taking in Michelangelo's marble masterpiece, you will move on to see even more of his stunning works, like the Prisoners, St. Matthew, and the Palestrina Pietà.
You will also encounter several masterful creations from other Renaissance men including Botticelli, Ghirlandaio, and Uccello, and after the tour, you will be free to explore more on your own.
- Tour duration: 1.5 hours
- Wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing
- During especially busy periods, access to the museum may be subject to delays
- Please be at the Accademia Gallery Museum, in front of the entrance reserved for booking holders, 15 minutes before departure time
Choose from 10.00 hrs or 11:30 hrs
58/60,Via Ricasoli, 50122, Florence
What You Get
- Skip the line entrance to the Accademia Gallery
- Caf Tours Staff's assistance at the meeting point
- Guided tour
- Earphones (for groups of more than 15 people)
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Kindly display printed or mobile voucher to the assistant holding a yellow sign with “Caf Tour & Travel” on it at the Accademia Gallery Museum, in front of the entrance reserved for booking holders
Terms and Conditions
- You can present a printed or mobile copy of the voucher/ticket for this activity
- The voucher/ticket is accepted only at authorised redemption points
- The voucher/ticket is valid only on the date and time specified
- The voucher/ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion unless otherwise stated
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for uncollected tickets
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.