This Jerusalem Old and New Tour starts on the Mt. of Olives with stunning views of Jerusalem's skyline.
This Jerusalem Old and New Tour starts on the Mt. of Olives with stunning views of Jerusalem's skyline. In the distance are the Old City and Temple Mount where the golden Dome of the Rock offers the perfect photo-op. Looking down we see a 3,000-year-old Jewish cemetery. As we leave the mount we pass the Garden of Gethsemane; the Church of All Nations and Kidron Valley, site of ancient Jewish tombs. Our tour of old Jerusalem begins as we pass through the Zion Gate into the Armenian Quarter of the Old City. The tour continues to the Jewish Quarter where we see the 1,500-year-old Cardo, an excavated Byzantine street. Later Crusaders added stores flanking the Cardo and today modern stores fill the Crusader structures. The tour continues to the Western Wall, a sacred Jewish site. The Western Wall was part of the original Second Holy Jewish Temple and the only part to survive destruction in 70AD. On the tour, you can join others from around the world and place a prayer note between the stones of the wall. The tour of old Jerusalem takes you along part of the Via Dolorosa; this is the route Jesus took as he carried his cross towards Calvary. At the end of the Via Dolorosa is the sacred Church of the Holy Sepulchre. This 4th-century church holds the site where Jesus was crucified and Christ's burial tomb. Today the church has more than 30 chapels and precious religious relics. The tour takes a lunch break and then visits the Old City's Middle Eastern bazaar. We leave the Old City and travel through the new modern city of Jerusalem. Instead of ancient structures and religious landmarks, new Jerusalem holds modern-day wonders. We make our final stop at Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum. At Yad Vashem, you can see a vast collection of historic photographs, authentic artefacts, documents, video testimonials by Holocaust survivors and memorials to those that lost their lives.
- Explore Jerusalem
- Admire the Mount of Olives with stunning views of Jerusalem's skyline
- Explore the Garden of Gethsemane
- Admire the Church of All Nations
- Explore the Kidron Valley
- Admire the site of ancient Jewish tombs
- View the Zion Gate into the Armenian Quarter of the Old City
- See the 1,500-years-old Cardo, an excavated Byzantine street
- Explore the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Explore the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid id.
- What to wear: Modest dress. No shorts or sleeveless shirts and head covering is required.
- On Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish holidays, when the Holocaust Museum is closed, the tour will include a visit to the Church of All Nations at the Garden of Gethsemane and to King David's Tomb and the Hall of the Last Supper on Mount Zion.
- Minimum age required to participate in this tour is 4 years old.
- Child Price: 4-12 years
- You must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the specific pick up time.
- Please leave a 10 minute waiting period as the vehicle could be delayed due to traffic conditions or weather.
- Pick-Up: Guests will be picked up from Hotel in Tel Aviv
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.