On our journey south of Jerusalem we see the Inn of the Good Samaritan, then as we descend even further we stop at the mark indicating that we are now going below sea level. We have a clear view of Jericho in the distance, where Jesus cured the blind and where Joshua and his troops caused the great city walls to fall (Joshua 6).
At 400 meters below sea level, we reach the lowest point on Earth, the Dead Sea. For thousands of years people, including Cleopatra, have known the therapeutic powers of this area and the sea itself. Being further from the sun than any other point on Earth, the harmful sun rays are filtered out making it safe for those suffering from skin ailments to expose their skin and enjoy some of the suns more positive qualities. The air is dry and non-allergenic meaning that your body is enjoying the benefits of the Dead Sea internally as you inhale the revitalizing air. Then there is the black mud, nature's natural facial and body mask. We have the opportunity to smother some of this mineral-rich mud onto our skin and benefit from its therapeutic qualities.
We can also take a swim in the sea where the highly saline water prohibits any living creature from inhabiting the water, hence the "Dead" Sea. Minerals like magnesium are farmed from these waters and used in medicines and cosmetics around the world.
We spend some time relaxing on the Dead Sea beach and floating in the water while surrounded by the most magnificent views of the cobalt blue water and the Moab Mountains in the distance. On our return journey back to Jerusalem we pass the Qumran caves where the 2000-year-old Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Discover nature's natural facial and body mask
- Admire the beauty Qumran caves
- Enjoy a swim in the sea
- Discover the 2000-year-old Dead Sea Scrolls were found
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
What You Get
- Natural treatments and massage.
- What to bring: The voucher and a valid photo ID, sunscreen, a hat, swimsuit, towel, and a bottle of water.
- What to wear: Comfortable clothes and walking shoes (such as sneakers, but trekking shoes are recommended).
- Minimum age required to participate in this tour is 4 years old.
- Child Price: 4-12 years
- The pickup time is at 07:15. You must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the specific pick up time.
- Pick-Up: Guests will be picked up from Hotel in Tel Aviv. Please leave a 10 minute waiting period as the vehicle could be delayed due to traffic conditions or weather
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.