Journey down from Jerusalem descending below sea level through the Biblical wilderness towards the Dead Sea.
Journey down from Jerusalem descending below sea level through the Biblical wilderness towards the Dead Sea. On the way, we can see the Inn of the Good Samaritan and stop on route to look out across the desert as we pass the point marking "sea level". The ancient city of Jericho can be seen in the distance where Joshua's troops caused the walls to fall (Joshua 6) and where Jesus healed the blind (Mark 10:46-52).
We reach the shores of the Dead Sea encrusted with white salt and follow the shoreline towards Masada. Although it's possible to climb the ancient Snake Path up Masada as the Romans did 2000 years ago, we take the convenient cable car up to the mountain top plateau. It was here that King Herod built a fortified palace complete with every convenience, a swimming pool, water cisterns, two palaces, storerooms and even a synagogue. Following Herod's death, the mountain top was the last outpost of Jewish zealots when the Romans tried to rid the land of Jews in the First Jewish-Roman War of 66-73AD.
It was on Masada that the first parchment from this era was discovered in an Israeli archaeological excavation. On the parchment was the prophecy of Ezekiel "I will take the children of Israeli from among the nationsand bring them into their own land" (Ezekiel 37). Heading back to the Dead Sea we pass the desert oasis of Ein Gedi where there are lush foliage and gorgeous waterfalls and where David hid from angry King Saul. We also pass by Qumran were the 2,000-year-old Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in a number of hillside caves. To end off a perfect day we stop at the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth and a contender for the title of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. People come from across the globe to enjoy therapeutic mineral-rich waters. And don't worry if you don't know how to swim, the high salt content will keep you afloat.
- Experience the Biblical wilderness towards the Dead Sea
- See the Inn of the Good Samaritan
- View the shores of the Dead Sea encrusted with white salt and follow the shoreline towards Masada
- Discover the Israeli archaeological excavation
- Discover the hillside caves
- Explore the Seven Wonders of the World
- Enjoy therapeutic mineral-rich waters
- Explore the Dead Sea
- Admire the Masada
- Explore the Judean Desert
Tour Start Time: 08:45hrs
What You Get
- What to bring: Camera, swimwear, towel, sun cream and cap.
- What to wear: Comfortable shoes.
- Minimum age required to participate in this tour is 4 years old.
- Child Price: 4-12 years
- You must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the specific pick up time.
- Please leave a 10 minute waiting period as the vehicle could be delayed due to traffic conditions or weather
- Pick-Up: Guests will be picked up from Hotel in Jerusalem
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.