Our tour begins on the Mount of Olives where we have a panoramic view across the holy city of Jerusalem
Our tour begins on the Mount of Olives where we have a panoramic view across the holy city of Jerusalem. From this elevated point we have the ancient Jewish cemetery beneath us and beyond that the Old City with the shining Dome of the Rock on Temple Mount. As we look down on the Old City it is easy to imagine the Second Temple which once stood on Temple Mount and the bustling ancient city as it would have been almost 2000 years ago.
Then we take the winding road down to the Kidron Valley giving us a view of the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus was arrested the night before his crucifixion and we also see the Church of All Nations or the Basilica of the Agony. In the valley, we can see the ancient burial tombs of Absalom and Jehoshaphat, Benei Hezir and the tomb of Zechariah. We enter the Old City through the Zion Gate into the Armenian Quarter and continue on to the Byzantine Cardo. This was the main street through Jerusalem 1,500 years ago, later under Moslem rule it was left unused and then during the Crusader period, the street was once again a busy thoroughfare. Today after extensive excavations, which are ongoing, speciality stores are open where Crusader stores once stood.
Going through the Jewish Quarter we reach the holiest site in the Jewish faith, the Western Wall. Here Jews from around the world come to pray and put prayer notes between the wall's stones. This 2,000-year-old wall was part of the outer supporting walls of the holy Second Temple which was destroyed in AD70.
We continue on to the Via Dolorosa or the Way of Sorrows where Jesus walked towards his crucifixion. Along the way, we pause at several Stations of the Cross and finally, we reach the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. The basilica is constructed on the site where Jesus is believed to have been crucified and within the church is his burial tomb. The Byzantine church has been renovated, rebuilt and expanded over the years; today it is a vast and ornate place of worship.
To end our tour we take a walk through the busy markets of the Old City where you can buy unique souvenirs from the City of Gold.
- Visit the Mount of Olives
- Admire the panoramic view across the holy city of Jerusalem
- Explore the Old City with the shining Dome of the Rock on Temple Mount
- Take the winding road down to the Kidron Valley giving
- View of the Garden of Gethsemane
- See the ancient burial tombs of Absalom and Jehoshaphat
- Explore the Benei Hezir
- Admire the tomb of Zechariah
- Visit the Zion Gate into the Armenian Quarter
- Explore the Jewish Quarter in the Jewish faith, the Western Wall
- Explore the vast and ornate place of worship
- Admire the Byzantine Cardo
- View the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Learn the Jewish Quarter
- View the Muslim Quarter
- Admire the Via Dolorosa
- Visit the Christian Quarter
- Explore the Armenian Quarter
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
What You Get
- Pick up from the hotel
- Drop-Off at the Hotel
- What to bring: Bathing suit, towel, hat, sun protection, water and something to eat.
- What to wear: Suitable clothing to enter religious places (Modest) and comfortable walking shoes.
- Minimum age required to participate in this tour is 4 years old.
- Child Price: 4-12 years
- You must be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the specific pick up time.
- Pick-Up: Guests will be picked at 08:30. Please be at your pick up point on time. There might be some delay (up to 20 minutes) due to traffic or other operational issues. Pick up available from Hotels in Jerusalem.
- Drop-Off: The tour ends at David Citadel Jerusalem
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.