Yogyakarta Borobudur Sunrise Day Tour
Explore Borobudur Temple in one day. You will see the sunrise from Java’s most beautiful temple - Borobudur Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Cycle around the village and learn about the most traditional Javanese batik.
Borobudur Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a stunning architectural masterpiece, is one of the most famous attractions in Yogyakarta. It’s also one of Java’s most beautiful temples and known as the largest Buddhist temple in the world.
In this tour, you will spend whole day to explore this world-famous temple and the village around. We will pick you up at around 3am. Is it worth waking up so early? Of course it is. The view you will get to behold is beyond your imagination. You will arrive at Borobudur just in time to witness the sun rise over beautiful Javan landscapes. Walk around the Batik Village around and cycle around the area.
- 03:30hrs - 03:45hrs: Pick up from your hotel in Yogyakarta city
- 03:45hrs - 05:30hrs: Travel to Borobudur temple. The journey will take about 1-2 hours estimated depending on where your hotel is.
- 05:30hrs - 07:30hrs: Watch the magnificent sunrise from Borobudur temple. Explore the other temples in the grounds and take picture of this beautiful magnificent UNESCO site. Optional: Pawon and Mendut Temples (entrance fees are excluded)
- 07:30hrs - 09:30hrs: Cycle around the temples after Borobudur sunrise tour. A unique concept that combines cycling and exploring villages near Borobudur Temple. Get some exercise and visit the temples and villages in a special way. (optional, activity fee is excluded)
- 09:30hrs - 11:30hrs: Visit Batik village, a traditional artform in various places across Indonesia. It is declared by UNESCO as a “Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity”. In this experience activity, you can learn about each stage of the production process of this ancient and intricate art. Of course, you can also try to draw your own batik or purchase some as souvenirs. (optional)
- 11:30hrs - 13:00hrs: Depending on what time you finish, we will drop you drop off at your hotel
What You Get
- Hotel/Airport pick up/drop off in Surabaya
- Transportation via private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private tour
- English/Bahasa Indonesia speaking guide
- Water and refreshments
- Fuel costs and parking fees
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as food, drinks and souvenirs etc.
- Entrance fees (Borobudur Temple estimated at IDR 350,000, Cycling activity estimated at IDR 100,000)
- Accommodation in Yogyakarta
- International & domestic flight
- Gratuities (recommend)
- Travel insurance (recommend)
- All fees not mentioned in “Inclusions”
- Most travelers can participate;
- Infant seats available, Infants must sit on laps;
- Not recommended for pregnant/wheelchair travelers;
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund;
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
How To Use
- Present the email confirmation upon pick-up for guide/driver to verify before boarding the vehicle
- The voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com
- Pick-up Point (E.g. Hotel/Airport)
- Drop-off Point (E.g. Hotel/Airport)
- If Pick-up/Drop-off Point is at the Airport, please provide the Flight No.
- If Pick-up/Drop-off Point is at Hotel, please provide Name and Address of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 9 days or less prior the departure date
- 100% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 10 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability.
- Amendement request must be made at least 9 days prior the departure date
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.