The world’s largest Buddhist temple, Borobudur was built in the 9th century. The temple consists of nine stacked platforms - six square and three circular - topped by a central dome and numerous bell-shaped stupas. Here you can also find around 2,000 relief panes and more than 500 Buddha statues. Walking clockwise and ascending the monument, you will follow in the footsteps of countless generations of pilgrims and priests, completing a journey that symbolizes the attainment of “Nirvana” or spiritual enlightenment.
A heavenly view awaits you at the summit of Borobudur. Getting there before the dawn, you will witnesses a magical panorama emerging from the jungles and misty plains of Java, with the sun rising over jagged volcanoes on the horizon. There are fewer visitors at this early hour, so the atmosphere is peaceful and serene, the air fresh and cool, filling slowly with the sound of early morning birdsong.
Afterwards, a light breakfast is waiting for you in the garden of the temple before driving back to the hotel.
- UNESCO- World Heritage
- Dedicated guide with good knowledge in art, history and culture
- Sunrise moment at the temple
What you will do
- Wake up very early in the morning (around 3:30), then drive to the temple. Depending on the location of your hotel, you should be at the gate of the temple around 4:30 at the latest. The gateway is different from those of a normal visit, and you will go up directly to the top of the monument with your guide. Wait for the sunrise that usually occurs at around 5:30, then afterward go down to appreciate the relief panels and the Buddha statues.
- Before leaving the temple, you will get a light breakfast with coffee and tea, in a local restaurant located in the gardens of the temple.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.