Embark on an excursion to learn more about batik fabric and the intricate making-process.
This half day excursion offers a hands-on opportunity to create your own batik handkerchief using the traditional methods; an access to the Textile Museum; and shopping opportunity at a retail and wholesale center of batik while being in the capital city, Jakarta.
What You Will Do
Embark on an excursion to learn more about batik fabric and the intricate making-process. Join a batik workshop to have a hands-on experience in creating your very own batik using the traditional methods – the canting and simmering wax. Your dedicated guide will pick you up at the hotel at 08:30hrs. Located right next to the Textile Museum, you can explore the museum as well to see its collection of different fabrics from all over Indonesia before your workshop starts. Complete your workshop and take home your piece of artwork as a souvenir. The excursion proceeds with a shopping stop at a retail & wholesale center of batik before returning back to the hotel.
- A maximum of two hours batik workshop
- Unlimited usage of canting as well as other tools required during the workshop
- Entrance to Textile Museum
- Batik-shopping opportunity
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.