Visit the 500 Lohan Temple and witness the perfect co-existence of Gods & Dragons
The quest to witness the perfect co-existence of Gods and Dragons begins as you step into the Vihara Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva (500 Lohan Temple). Featuring magnificent structures and unique stone statures of over 500 arhats (in Buddhism - a saint of one of the highest ranks), the site is a hidden gem for culture buffs.
The journey advances to Senggarang Village, known to be the first settlement for Chinese immigrants hundreds of years ago. Visit two of the island’s oldest religious sites, the Banyan Tree Temple and Lau Ya Keng and revel in the rich history and culture.
Your tour then takes an earthly respite as you break for a sumptuous seafood lunch. After lunch detour to explore the malls (Bintan Indah Mall & Tanjung Pinang City Center) of Tanjung Pinang for bargains or souvenirs to bring home.
For the last leg of the quest, you will be led to Vihara Avalokitesvara Graha (Guan Yin Temple). Home to one of the tallest gold-coated Goddess of Mercy statues in Southeast Asia. Admire the repeated appearance of dragon motifs in the architectural elements all around the vast grounds of the temple.
Gods appeased and dragons counted, return back to your resort to catch the mesmerizing view of the sun setting over the sea horizon; an opportunity for a reflective session to conclude the day.
- 09:00am - Pick-up from Hotel and Transfer to 500 Lohan, passing Gunung Bintan
- 10:30am - Arrive at 500 Lohan
- 11:30am - Transfer to Senggarang Temple
- 12:00pm - Arrive at Senggarang island, visit fisherman village and Senggarang Temple
- 01:00pm - Transfer to Tanjung Pinang
- 01:30pm - Local Seafood Lunch at Tanjung Pinang
- 03:00pm - Free & easy time at Bintan Mall, fruit market and Tanjung Pinang City Centre Mall
- 04:30pm - Visit tallest sitting statute of Goddess of Mercy in South East Asia
- 05:00pm - Transfer back to Hotel
- 06:00pm - Arrive at Hotel
Local Seafood Lunch Menu (subject to changes):
- Tofu & Vegetables Soup
- Sweet & Sour Fish
- Garlic Chicken
- Flower Crab
- Steamed Rice
- Seasonal Fruits
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.