The Turtle Convention and Education Center provide a fantastic opportunity for tourist, where you adopt a baby turtle for a small donation then release the turtles together onto the beach so they have a chance to reach the water and survive.
The Turtle Convention and Education Center provide a fantastic opportunity for tourist, where you adopt a baby turtle for a small donation then release the turtles together onto the beach so they have a chance to reach the water and survive. The releases are done almost daily at around 8.30 AM or 04.00 PM and over-watched by friendly, knowledgeable and passionate volunteers.
TCEC is a part of the comprehensive strategy to eradicate illegal turtle trading on the island. Established on a land of 2.4 ha, the TCEC is trying to support the community and find an alternative to the illegal turtle business. The center put a lot of work into providing education, tourism, conservation and research with a liberal sprinkling of business to protect and give turtles a chance to survive.
TCEC is supported by WWF, Governor of Bali, the major of Denpasar, municipal authorities, the Provincial Nature Resource Conservation Agency and the local community.
In a place we can involve participate as adopter (a foster parent turtles) to get off in the sea. Either an individual to any group to support the program we deliver the baby turtles, with your own hands as a form of participation in the preservation of sea turtle to generation.
Piicl-up Time Morning from 7:00am to 7:30am
- Morning Program 08.30 am – 10.30 am
Pick-up Time Afternoon from 14:30pm to 15:00pm
- Afternoon Program 16.00 pm – 1800 pm
Duration: 2 Hours approx.
Tour does not operate on Nyepi Day and Balinese Seclusion Day
What You Get
- Return transfer service from hotel to Sanur Beach
- English speaking guide
- Entrance Fees/tickets
- Meals / beverage
- Personal expenses
- You must wear comfortable clothes and modestly
- You must not wear any see-trough clothing, shorts or athletic wear
- Baby turtle release events do not happen every day, the operator can’t predict the hatching dates for a nest hatching.
- The operator can’t predict baby sea turtle release date in advance.
- While turtle lay eggs all year round, the chance of participating in a release are higher between April and October.
- Between the months of June to October, we have eggs that hatch daily.
- Children are free of charge under 2 years old
- Pick up is available from most centrally located in Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Sanur, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area.
- Please be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 15 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.