Rise above the Valley of the Thunder God for a stunning view of towering volcanoes, hanging glaciers, and wild rivers!
Thorsmork, a beautiful valley surrounded by glaciers and mountains, is the setting for today’s tour. You will be pick you up in Reykjavík and drive out of the city heading towards the east. After passing through a few small villages you will arrive to the first stop for the day, mighty Seljalandsfoss waterfall. This is the fall that you can walk behind and thus enjoy from both sides.
After exploring Seljalandsfoss waterfall you will pass Gigjokull glacier lagoon where you will be able to see some of the effects of the famous Eyjafjallajokull eruption from 2010. From Basar cabin, in the heart of Thorsmork you will then start the popular Fimmvorduhals hike. During your hike you will see the two craters, Magni and Modi, formed in this infamous eruption. The new lava, large craters, glacier view along with the surrounding mountains and vibrant colors make this hike truly outstanding.
The elevation gain is between 700-800 meters and length approximately 16 km total. The Thorsmork - Fimmvorduhals hike should not be missed by any outdoors enthusiasts visiting Iceland. Get physically active while you enjoy one of the most scenic places you will ever come across. In Thorsmork every season has its charm, giving you a great opportunity to visit again and again. Please note that this tour is quite demanding and the conditions in Þórsmörk can be hard at times. The guides expect participants to be dressed accordingly and have good hiking shoes. The super jeeps seat 5 – 12 persons so our tours are always a small group experience!
- Minimum age: 14 years.
- Remember to bring: It is extremely important to have warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket & pants, headwear, and gloves
- Good hiking shoes are essential on this tour
- Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented beforehand if you contact us or book online
- This is a small group experience limited to 16 participants per guide
- Pick-up offered from all major hotel and listed guesthouses in the downtown Reykjavik area
- After purchase, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup. Include your order number and hotel / guesthouse in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.