Come snorkeling in Silfra in Thingvellir National Park. Swim between tectonic plates floating on pure water on breathtaking underwater views and receive GoPro photos for free afterwards!
Come discover the amazing sights of Silfra glacial fissure in the world’s clearest waters - one of the major wonders to be found in Iceland.
You will begin this tour at our meeting point at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Once you are there, you will take a short journey through the volcanic, moss-laden fields of the park. Here, you will listen as your friendly and experienced PADI Divemaster guide provides a safety briefing. Later, you will receive all the necessary equipment for snorkeling in Silfra, including a thermal undersuit, a drysuit, neoprene hoods and gloves, and, of course, a mask, snorkel and fins. This equipment will keep you buoyant throughout your time in the fissure, as well as offering protection against the glacial water.
Once in the water, your eyes will meet the incredible shades of blue so prevalent in the fissure, as well as the natural under-water flora canyon walls. As you are swimming you will have the opportunity to move across continents, as you will be switching back and forth from both the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, which is one of Thingvellir’s most famous characteristics. Swimming further, you will meet Silfra Hall, which is the widest section on the fissure and the majestic Silfra Cathedral, its deepest section. Even more, the stunning shallow oasis will be presented before your eyes at the end, “Real Blue Lagoon”.
Upon exiting the water, you’ll be invited to warm up hot chocolate and cookies with your friendly guides while having a nice chat. Then, after the tour is over you will receive the photos in your email to remember all the happy memories created with old and new friends.
- Minimum age for participation is 12 years old
- The meeting point is at Thingvellir National Park
- What to wear:
- Warm clothes (first layer)
- Waterproof clothing (second layer)
- Hiking boots (available for rent when booking online)
- Gloves and a hat
- Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. We recommend you bring the Form already printed out and signed, but you can also can sign the Form at the meeting location
- Be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- Communicate in English at the time of the tour
- Be physically fit
- Not be pregnant
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit
- You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the Medical Statement
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physician’s allowance to participate in this tour
Tour departs at 10:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs.
Please show up 20 minutes before your scheduled tour.
What You Get
- National Park Fee
- Small group (max 6 people per guide)
- Certified Snorkeling Guide
- Free GoPro Underwater Photos
- All Necessary Snorkeling Equipment
- Warm Undersuit and Drysuit
- Hot drinks and cookies after the tour
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Silfra Parking lot - Accessable from P5 at Thingvellir
Valhallargata, Mosfellsdalur IS