Reykjavik: Whale Watching Excursion
Experience the best Iceland has to offer with this whale watching opportunity. See a variety of whales by the coast on this tour that operates year round, including the minke and humpback whales and whale-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises.
Take a boat trip from Reykjavik’s harbor to discover Iceland’s rich marine life, which is one of the island country’s highlights. All year round you can spot a variety of whales and other marine animals in the Reykjavik area, including minke and humpback whales, harbor porpoises, and whale-beaked dolphins.
The peak season for whale watching extends from April to October, but of course the ocean is always full of magical creatures and you never know what you might see. This boat trip gives you the unique opportunity to see some of Iceland's most beautiful marine animals, along with the stunning scenery of the Icelandic coast.
Whale Watching tour last for:
- Winter - approximately 3 - 3.5 hours
- Summer (1.06-15.09) - approx. 2 - 3 hours at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM- will be provided with the faster boat so the time on the spotting area will be the same just sailing to that point and back to harbor would be shorter
- The best season to spot whales is summer. The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of year. Whale watching is a natural activity that is subject to the weather. If the trip is canceled due to bad weather conditions please contact the supplier to reschedule. If there are no sightings during the trip, the ticket holder can use the booking number to reschedule the tour for another time. The ticket is valid for another tour with the tour operator in the future
- Please be aware that due to environmental reasons during certain times of the year your trip may be delivered on a shared boat with one of the tour provider's partners. The tour provider is committed to ensuring the environment is kept pristine by making sure fewer boats are on the water during slower periods
Starts at 9am and 1pm.
What You Get
- Experienced, friendly and professional guides
- Warm flotation overalls
- Heated indoor cabins with toilet facilities
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Seating area outside and inside
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Hlésgata Vesturbugt, 101 Reykjavik