Explore Iceland’s interior paradise and the lava fields of Landmannalaugar. A treat for geology enthusiasts and hikers alike, the tour takes in the wonders of Mother Nature, from glaciers, to exploding volcanic craters, and bubbling hot geothermal pools.
Explore the lava fields, explosive volcanic craters, glacial waterfalls, and bubbling hot springs of Landmannalaugar and Hekla on this 10-hour tour by Jeep.
The tour kicks off in Reykjavik, where you will climb aboard a special Mountain Taxi Super Jeep. First, hit the fertile farmland in the south, before moving on to epic views of the snow-covered peak of Hekla, Iceland’s most famous active volcano.
While Hekla is fairly dormant these days, its last eruption was little over 10 years ago in February of 2000. Since the country was settled in the 9th century, the volcano has erupted about 20 times, often with devastating effects. Hekla was notorious in Medieval Europe when it was believed to be the entrance to hell.
The contrasts in landscape are extreme, and the lava and vegetation, shaped by the forces of erosion, make for a spectacular setting. Drive straight up to the edge of the youngest lava field, formed during the 2000 eruption.
If the weather allows, you will also drive along the volcano’s ridge, almost 3,000 feet (900 meters) above sea level. You will be rewarded with awesome views if the weather is clear. At the base of the volcano, drive through intensely rugged mountain terrain, and past lava fields and exploding craters.
Steering into interior Iceland, swing by the crater of Ljótipollur, before a coffee and lunch break in the stunning Landmannalaugar area. Here, you will have the opportunity to go for a 1-2 hour hike through the lava fields or dive into the natural hot geothermal pools.
Back on the road, head down the Þjórsárdalur. Your last stop is the Hjálparfoss Waterfall, where you can admire the cascades into the confluence of the rivers Fossá and Þjórsá, before returning to Reykjavik.
- See the fertile farm lands of south Iceland before moving on to epic views of Hekla’s snow-covered peaks
- Drive up to the edge of the youngest lava field, formed during the 2000 eruption
- Skirt the volcano’s ridge by Jeep, almost 3,000 feet above sea level, with awesome views if the weather is kind
- Drive through intensely rugged mountain terrain, past lava fields, and exploding craters
- Swing by the crater of Ljótipollur
- Hike across the lavafields of Landmannalaugar
- Admire the cascades of the Hjálparfoss Waterfall
- Go for a dip in a hot natural pool
- Bring along comfortable shoes, warm clothing and a towel
- Pickup and dropoff available from your hotel accomodation or from designated bus stops
- After purchase, please email to email@example.com to arrange your pickup. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.