Go whale and puffin watching in gloriously beautiful Reykjavík. Feel amazed at how many different types of whales you'll see.
See the adorable puffins living only a short boat ride away from the Old Harbor in Reykjavík. Travel by a small boat named Skúlaskeið (Old Skúli), perfect for puffin watching, since it has a shallow draught, and therefore can get really close to the small islands where the puffins live. The guides are very knowledgeable about the thriving bird life in Reykjavík's surroundings.
Benefit from this combo tour's included classic whale watching tour, operated on the Andrea boat, lasting 3 to 3.5 hours. The Andrea is the biggest whale watching boat in Iceland, and has an educational and interactive focus. It is also family friendly and spacious with a cafeteria on-board.
If you choose to, you can switch to the express tour leaving 1 hour later on a faster boat that gets you out to the whale watching area quicker than the other whale watching boats, but still allows you to have plenty of time. Most common whale sights in Faxaflói Bay are minke whales, humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbor porpoises. Note that these are two separate tours and you don't have to do them on the same day.
- Please consider the best time for whale watching in Iceland is during the summer months (from April to September). The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
- To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
- Please note that these tours are dependent on correct weather conditions; your captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
- Please note that the Express Whale Watching tour is a faster boat, so this option is 2-2.5 hours for whale watching. You spend the same amount of time in the whale watching area
- The 9:00 AM departure is the Classic Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express tour
- The 10:00 AM departure is the Express Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express
- The 12:30 PM departure begins with Puffin Express, followed by Express Whale Watching
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at the supplier's office on Ægisgarður 13, 101 Reykjavík, Reykjavik's Old Harbour.