Reykjavík: Midnight Sun Whale Watching Cruise
Experience whale watching under the midnight sun, a unique opportunity during your stay in Iceland. Keep your eyes peeled for minke whales, humpback whales, dolphins, and more. Try the tour again for free if you don't see anything during your trip.
Go whale watching under the beautiful midnight sun during Iceland's summer months of nearly 24-hour daylight. Admire the special glow of the evening sun reflecting off the waters of the North Atlantic as your English-speaking guide helps you to spot these magnificent creatures.
Set sail from Reykjavík's Old Harbor at 9 PM on Rósin, a custom-built boat for whale watching tours in Iceland. Kit yourself out in included warm overalls to stay comfortable during your trip, and enjoy the boat's facilities, such as indoor and outdoor viewing decks, 2 restrooms, and a snack bar.
Spend between 2-2.5 hours looking for whales with an experienced guide. The 4 most common species seen in Faxaflói Bay are humpback whales, white-beaked dolphins, harbor porpoises, and minke whales. Finally, return to the harbor just before midnight.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to boarding
- To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
- Please note that sightings of wildlife cannot be guaranteed. If you are not able to see anything on your tour, you will get a complimentary ticket to try again
- Please note that the tour is dependent on weather conditions. The captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
starts at 9pm.
What You Get
- Guided whale watching tour
- Warm indoor seating area
- Warm overalls provided onboard
- Free Wi-Fi onboard
- English-speaking guide
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at Rejkavik Old Harbor, located at Ægisgarður 13, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland. Look for the local partner's blue and white ticket office.