Northern Lights Tour from Reykjavik
See the glory of the northern lights in Iceland! Unforgettable experience!
This tour takes you to see a spectacular phenomenon which can be seen from late August to mid-April. The northern lights, also known as the aurora borealis, are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the Magnetic Pole.
Choosing a guided tour increases your chances of seeing the northern lights in Iceland as the team of experts review and study the weather to determine the best locations for spotting aurora on a daily basis.
What to expect on your northern lights tour
- It may be cold outside even though our buses are warm and comfortable. You will have plenty of time to take photos and therefore we recommend that you dress warmly and wear sturdy shoes. We recommend three layers, a cap, gloves, warm socks, and a warm jacket
- Our guides are experts in the aurora, where to hunt them down and how to take pictures of the lights, so please do not hesitate to ask them about the northern lights or for assistance with your photography
- Children are welcome on the tour, however, this can be a long and cold night and therefore it may not be suitable for children younger than 6 years old
- Please note that looking for the aurora is a hunting tour. Civilization is left behind (including conventional WCs) in order to increase our chances of seeing the aurora. Auroras are best seen outdoors at night in Iceland’s winter. Your personal well-being on the tour depends on your own clothing
- Indicated return times can vary due to road and weather conditions
- This tour is weather dependent and sightings are not guaranteed. However, you will experience Icelandic nature during the night, the Milky Way, stars, moon, clouds and total darkness
- If you don‘t see any northern lights during this tour, you are invited to join the tour again, free of charge. However, a refund is not possible
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended (Bring a winter hat, scarf, mittens/gloves and warm socks on colder days)
- Bring a camera or a mobile phone with a camera
- Indicated return times can vary
Tours depart at 21:00hrs and 22:00hrs.
21:00 (1 October - 14 March)
22:00 (15 March - 15 April)
BSÍ Bus Terminal, 101 Reykjavík
What You Get
- Bus fare
- Free Wi-Fi
- Professional local guide
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.