Seize the opportunity to see one of the world's greatest natural spectacles, the Northern Lights!
The northern lights, also known as the aurora borealis, are caused by collisions between particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole. In Iceland they are visible during the winter months, from late August to April, and appear in many different forms and colours although light green and pink are the most common.
Why join a guided tour to see the northern lights in Iceland?
Our northern lights team studies thoroughly the weather and aurora forecast in order to find the best location each night to spot the lights. While the lights can often be seen from the city, they are never as clear or magnificent when polluted by the city lights. Getting a warm ride to the best possible site for sightings is well worth it. The northern lights are an unforgettable sight to witness and should be enjoyed in the best possible conditions.
Why join this tour?
This is a classic northern lights tour but in a smaller group. That means you get more time with your expert guide for assistance on photography and facts.
- The northern lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings cannot be guaranteed. If you don't see any lights you can try again by joining our classic Northern Lights Tour free of charge. Remember to dress warmly
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended (Bring a winter hat, scarf, mittens/gloves and warm socks on colder days)
- Bring a camera or a mobile phone with a camera
- Indicated return times can vary
Tour departs at 21:30hrs.
BSÍ Bus Terminal, 101 Reykjavík
What You Get
- Bus fare
- Free WiFi
- Professional local tour guide
- Blankets are provided on this tour for your comfort
- Pickup and dropoff
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.