Traverse the Landmannalaugar, the world-famous geothermal wonderland in the Icelandic Highlands all on your own!
The Epic Landmannalaugar
If you’ve ever seen a picture of otherworldly, colourful mountains in what seems to be a vast wilderness in Iceland, it’s probably from Landmannalaugar. The area is nestled in the wild highlands of Iceland, surrounded by rhyolite mountains in crazy colours and dotted with natural geothermal hot springs. This place offers travellers the classic Icelandic combo of stunning natural beauty and meditative comfort in what feels like the middle of nowhere. Enjoy the epic landscapes, the amazing hiking trails, the natural wonders and the unique atmosphere of Landmannalaugar.
The Laugavegur Hiking Trail
Landmannalaugar isn’t just popular for its unique beauty. It is also the start or finish of one of Iceland’s most popular hiking trails, Laugavegur. The Laugavegur trail is a 55 km hike to the glorious green oasis of Þórsmörk. It takes 3-4 days, depending on your pace and comes highly recommended if hiking is your thing. If not, you can always hang out in the stunning surroundings of Landmannalaugar and bathe in a natural hot spring before you fire up your BBQ.
The Highland Bus
Icelandic highland roads are often dirt tracks or gravel roads and can be quite tricky to navigate. The road to Landmannalaugar is no exception and is not accessible to normal vehicles. Reykjavik Excursions operates specialized highland buses with professional drivers that navigate these roads with ease and comfort. The Highland Bus runs daily between Reykjavik and Skógar/Þórsmörk/Landmannalaugar to serve the nature-loving hikers and travellers that frequent these parts.
Let us drop you off and pick you up so you can truly enjoy Iceland on your own.
- See the Reykjavik Excursions Highland Bus - Schedule (pdf)
- For more information, visit Landmannalaugar Adventure - Iceland On Your Own
- To check-in, please send an email to email@example.com with your booking number (which you will receive within 48 hours of purchase with Changi Recommends), your preferred dates, departure and arrival location as well as departure time, at least 48 hours before departure. (Please note that the bus might be fully booked on your preferred departure even with the 48-hour notice, the sooner you send an email requesting a seat, the more availability)
- Once you check in you will receive a confirmation and a voucher for each route
- Check out the more flexible Hiking Pass if you plan a longer hike.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.