Sail along gigantic icebergs and take in the greatness of this magnificent natural phenomenon.
Get a front row seat to the glacial lagoon as you sail among the gigantic icebergs and take in the power and the peace of this magnificent natural phenomenon. The lake is a result of Breiðarmerkurjökull glacier slowly retreating, leaving in its wake the lagoon and the oddly-shaped icebergs of various sizes. En route to the lagoon you will see some of Iceland’s most magnificent scenery, including the tallest mountain in Iceland, Hvannadalshnjúkur, and the sprawling black sand desert between Skaftafell National Park and the lagoon itself.
With its enormous and ancient icebergs breaking off from Vatnajökull glacier, this natural wonder of Iceland is a sight you absolutely cannot miss.
The lagoon produces a feeling of incredible tranquillity as the 1000-1500 year old ice silently drifts into the lake and slowly melts away. The lagoon covers 18 square kilometres (7 square miles) and reaches more than 248 metres (814 ft) at its deepest point. You may recognize the lagoon from scenes in Batman Begins, Tomb Raider and two James Bond movies.
We stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls. Seljalandsfoss is part of the Seljandsá river, which has its origins in Eyjafjallajökull glacier. What makes Seljalandsfoss so famous and interesting is that you can walk behind it. We recommend you bring either a raincoat or a waterproof coat along if you want to walk behind it. Skógafoss, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. The waterfall was also used in the films Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
We will also stop at Vík í Mýrdal for dinner and there you can walk to the black sand beach and see the Reynisdrangar rock formations and columnar basalt.
- Children 11 and below join free with an accompanying adult
- Please reach BSÍ Bus Terminal 30minutes before departure
- 07:30hrs - Pickup from BSÍ Bus Terminal
- Lava Centre
- Glacier lagoon - with a boat tour among the icebergs
- Diamond beach
- Vík í Mýrdal for dinner
- 22:00hrs - Dropoff at BSÍ Bus Terminal or your hotel
What you will see along the way (weather permitting)
- Volcanoes: Hekla, Eyjafjallajökull, Westman Islands, Katla and Öræfajökull
- Glaciers: Langjökull, Mýrdalsjökull, Vatnajökull and several glacier snouts
- Waterfalls: Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Systrafoss, Foss á Síðu and several others
- Sandy plains: Skógasandur, Sólheimasandur, Mýrdalssandur, Skeiðarársandur and Breiðamerkursandur
- Coastlines: In Vik, at jökulsá - the diamond beach and view towards south coast in several places
- Fertile farmland and mossy lava fields
Tour departs at 07:30.
BSÍ Bus Terminal, 101 Reykjavík
What You Get
- Round trip Transfer from Reykjavik
- Professional local tour guide
- Light lunch
- Approx. 30min boat tour among the icebergs
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.