Enjoy a day tour to the Southern Highland of Fjallabak to visit Iceland's Landmannalaugar and Hekla Volcano area. Hike through Laugahraun, Vondugil Canyon and Brennisteinsalda, before relaxing in a natural hot spring.
Enjoy a day tour to the Southern Highland of Fjallabak to explore the wonders of Iceland's Landmannalaugar and Hekla Volcano area. Dive into a bubbling wonderland with caramel colored peaks, soothing hot springs, rambling lava flows and clear blue lakes.
Landmannalaugar, together with Hekla, an active volcano in its neighborhood, is one of Iceland's most unique destinations and a must for all who love to explore the beauty of nature. Discover one of the most active geothermal areas flanked by rhyolite mountains and steaming hot springs.
Start the day with lunch and set off on a 4-hour hike through the sprawling lava fields of Laugahraun, Vondugil Canyon and up to the summit of the colorful mountain of Brennisteinsalda with its steaming vents and Sulphur deposits.
Descend through the Grænagil canyon, carved as a result of geodynamic activity of mountains, volcanoes and glacial rivers. If time and weather conditions allow, climb Bláhnúkur, a circa 60,000-year-old volcano with panoramic views of the Landmannalaugar Valley.
Have a bath in a natural hot pool, where both hot and cold water flow out from beneath Laugahraun, mixing together and forming the perfect bathing conditions. Remember to take your swimwear and a towel with you.
- The minimum age is 10 years old
- This tour is suitable for everyone, no previous experience is needed
- You will be hiking for 4 hours
- The approximate tour duration including pickup from Reykjavík is 14 hours
- Please bring warm clothes, rain gear, hiking shoes, a bathing suit, and a towel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Complementary Pickup Information
7:15 AM from Ráðhúsið (City Hall) on Vonarstræti – in front of the Reykjavik Tourist Information Center.
7:30 AM from Hallgrímskirkja Church – bus pick up/drop off nr. 8.
7:45 AM from Reykjavík Campsite in Front of Reykjavik City Hostel.
8:35 AM from Selfoss N1 Gas Station.
9:15 AM from Hella Bus Stop.