Húsavík: Whale Watching on a Carbon Neutral Oak Boat
Experience the original Húsavík whale watching tour which is now carbon neutral and has built a reputation for the town of Húsavík as the capital of whale watching in Iceland.
The original whale watching tour is now available carbon neutral. The local tour operator has adopted an active environmental policy based on the idea of sustainable development. In 2015, it became the first whale watching company in the world to offer carbon neutral whale watching. In cooperation with some other actors, a unique hybrid propulsion system that allows running the ship on renewable energy instead of fossil fuel has been developed.
Experience the tour on a carbon neutral boat and discover the magnificent nature of Skjálfandi Bay observing whales, dolphins and seabirds in their natural habitat. Enjoy smooth sailing and treat yourself to a cup of hot cocoa and cinnamon buns. Join the tour and enjoy an authentic wildlife adventure with the pioneers of whale watching in Iceland.
- Please note that the tour is subject to favorable weather conditions and if is it canceled due to bad weather you will be given the option of another date or a full refund
- If you do not see whales you will be offered to join another whale watching tour free of charge
- The tour is wheelchair accessible, please contact the local partner prior to your tour date to advise if you require assistance
- It is recommended to wear layers and good shoes and bring a hat and gloves
Stats at 8:30am and 4:30pm.
What You Get
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on-board with a professional guide
- Warm overalls
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Local tour operator ticket office, Hafnarstétt, Húsavík, Iceland