The Golden Circle is home to some of the most fascinating sites and underwater destinations in the world. Jump in and see for yourself!
The Golden Circle has long been a favorite route for travelers to take and snorkeling in Silfra is one of the most popular activities in Iceland right now. Combine the two and you will have the perfect day tour ahead of you.
Snorkeling in Silfra
The tour starts with an amazing snorkeling adventure in Silfra. We’ll leisurely float in the glacier meltwater that has been filtered through lava for about 50 years before reaching the fissure. The crystal-clear water has roughly the same temperature year-round. This means you can enjoy this great tour in all seasons.
The low temperature and remarkably clear water provide visibility that is hard to find anywhere else in the world. The snorkeling tour takes you through the four main sections of Silfra that include: Silfra Deep Crack, Silfra Hall, Silfra Cathedral and Silfra Lagoon. Countless shades of blue and green will take your breath away!
Exploring the Golden Circle
The Golden Circle part starts at 12:00. Discover Strokkur, Iceland’s most active hot spring that erupts once every 10 minutes. Strokkur is found in the Geysir Geothermal Area, where the famous Great Geysir has its home. Though Geysir has stopped erupting, the area is still very much active with numerous smaller hot springs for visitors to enjoy.
We’ll also visit Þingvellir National Park, which holds a special place in the heart of every Icelander because of its historical significance. Þingvellir, which literally means “fields of assembly,” is where Iceland’s first parliament, Althingi, was held in 930 AD. Althingi is also the oldest running parliament in the world.
In addition, Þingvellir is a famous UNESCO World Heritage Site renowned for its unique geology. The national park is located in a rift valley created by the drifting apart of the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates.
The last stop is at the astonishing Gullfoss Waterfall. This double cascade is a sight to behold. The water flows all the way from Langjökull Glacier and gushes 32 m down into the rugged Gullfoss Canyon. Make sure your camera is at the ready!
- Remember to bring: Warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, headwear, gloves, warm long underwear, warm socks and a change of clothing. Good hiking shoes are recommended
- Participants need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim. You are unable to participate if you are pregnant, due to the small risk of cold water entering the suit
- Weight limit: 45-120 kg
- Height limit: 150 cm -200 cm
- Age Limit: 12 years old minimum. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- English: It is important that you can both understand and communicate in English in order to participate in the tour.
- Please read our snorkelling handbook
- After purchase, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your preference for pick up location
- In your email, please provide us with the following information:
Pick up will start at 08:30 am from your Reykjavik pick up point. Please note, that the pick up can take up to 30 minutes.
Available pick-up points: Arctic Adventures’s pick-up list
What You Get
- Pick-up & drop off from Reykjavík
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- A Guided Tour of the Golden Circle
- Snorkeling Tour
- All Snorkeling Equipment
- All Necessary Safety Equipment
- Silfra Admission Fee
- Hot Chocolate and Cookies
- Free WiFi on Board Your Bus
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.