Explore Iceland‘s famous Golden Circle route and hunt the northern lights in one day!
Explore a few of Iceland‘s most famous landmarks on Golden Circle route as well as go on a search for the northern lights in one day. Begin the day at 10:30 with a Golden Circle tour, where you will visit Geysir geothermal area, Gullfoss waterfall and Þingvellir National Park.
Geysir is the place from which all other geysers in the world get their name. The famous Geysir does not often erupt anymore but the smaller, but very impressive, Strokkur erupts every 4-8 minutes and shoots a column of water up to 40 metres up in the air.
Gullfoss waterfall is a part of the glacial river Hvítá which gets its water from Langjökull glacier, the second largest glacier in Iceland. The step-waterfall is quite the sight, and from many viewpoints it looks like the waterfall falls straight into an abyss, but in reality, it falls into a crevice which is 32 metres deep.
The last stop of the day is at Þingvellir which is known for being one of the very few places in the world where you can see the North-American and Eurasian tectonic plates above ground (other places are all in Iceland). The park is a UNESCO world heritage site.
You will arrive back in Reykjavík at 16:30. You will have a few hours to spend before you join our Northern Lights tour.
The three-hour long Northern Lights tour will take you out of the city for the best possible view of the lights. The northern lights, also known as aurora borealis, are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole.
- Children age 1 to 11 join free with an accompanying adult
- The Northern Lights tour depends on weather & sightings are not guaranteed. If you do not see any northern lights during this tour, you are welcome to join the tour again, free of charge. However, a refund is not possible once you join the tour
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended
- Bring a camera or a mobile phone with a camera
- Indicated return times can vary
Tour departs at 10:30hrs.
BSÍ Bus Terminal, 101 Reykjavík
What You Get
- Tour of Iceland's Golden Circle
- Northern light hunting
- Bus fare
- Free WiFi onboard
- Professional local tour guide
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.