Experience 2 of Iceland's most iconic attractions on a combined, 2-part whale watching and Northern Lights tour. Cruise Faxafloi Bay in the daytime looking for whales, and then return in the evening to see the magical Northern Lights from the sea.
Depart from Reykjavik's Old Harbour for an approximately 3-hour whale watching cruise in Faxafloi Bay. Take some stunning photos of the city and surrounding mountains and scenery as you set sail. On a clear day the views can extend as far as Snæfells Glacier in the west of Iceland.
Reach the whale watching area in approximately 30 to 45 minutes, listening to your guide's explanations along the way. Hear more about the whales on arrival, and look for the magnificent creatures with the help of your guide. Keep a look out for minke whales, white-beaked dolphins, harbor porpoises and the great humpback whale. Be mesmerized if a curious whale comes close to the boat!
Then, return to the boat in the evening and look for the magical Northern Lights in the sky. Although dependent on the conditions, the lights can be seen throughout the winter months, and even as early as September. Get outfitted in your warm overalls and cruise out to sea just outside Reykjavik city center. Benefit from being away from the artificial lights to enjoy every moment of the Northern Lights.
Sightings can never be guaranteed, but after years of experience - and with a little luck - your on-board experience will be truly memorable. Feel free to move around the boat, both inside and outside, and purchase drinks from the always-open bar.
- Experience the beauty of Faxafloi Bay by day and at night
- Look for minke whales, harbor porpoise and other wildlife
- Benefit from warm seating areas and overalls
- Take a night cruise to see the Northern Lights from the water
- Stay connected and share your experience with the free on-board Wi-Fi
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Meet at the special tours office on Ægisgardur in Reykjavik´s Old Harbour.