Experience Lake Mývatn on a unique day tour from Reykjavik, with return flight included.
Start your experience with a short 45-minutes flight to Akureyri Airport from Reykjavik Domestic Airport. From there, enjoy a small-group day tour with a local guide, exploring North Iceland and the Lake Mývatn Area.
The first stop is by the picturesque Goðafoss Waterfall, the waterfall of the Gods, located in the powerful glacier river Skjálfandafljót river. Make your way to the Lake Mývatn area where you can see the pseudo-craters of Skútustaðagígar. Discover a number of the area’s highlights, including the Hverir mud pools, Grjótagjá rift, and the Dimmuborgir lava fields among others.
The final stop of the day is at the Mývatn Nature Baths, where you’ll have the option of relaxing in a natural pool of geothermal water, located in the middle of lava fields and with great area views.
After the relaxing soak, return to Akureyri Airport in time for your return flight to Reykjavik.
- Fly over Iceland on a domestic cross-country flight
- Visit Akureyri town
- Take a selfie by Goðafoss Waterfall, Iceland's most picturesque waterfall
- Explore the lava fields of Dimmuborgir
- Relax in the Lake Mývatn Nature Baths, entry fee not included
- There will be a break for refreshments at a local restaurant or café
- Due to weather and/or road conditions the itinerary may be altered, there may be longer journey times or the tour may be cancelled
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Arrive 45 minutes prior to the departure of your domestic flight from Reykjavik Domestic Airport (NOT Keflavík International Airport) and check in to your flight. You will receive your flight departure time from the local partner's sales team