A scenic hike to Glymur, Iceland's highest waterfall together with a visit to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Surround yourself with the stunning landscape of the canyon and enjoy the unique panoramic view that this hike offers.
The tour starts with a pick-up service from all major hotels in the downtown Reykjavík area. The tour will then continue towards Hvalfjordur (Whale Fjord) where breathtaking landscapes and unique panoramic views will welcome you. Heading onwards to Botnsdalur Valley, you will set on a 2 to 3-hour hike through canyons, a birch forest, and lava fields before reaching the real gem of the valley, the 198 meter high Glymur Waterfall.
After experiencing the impressive landscape of the canyon, Glymur Waterfall, cliffs, and lava fields the tour will continue to Thingvellir National Park, Iceland’s oldest national park protecting a scenic 84 square kilometer lake of Thingvallavatn. This place of unique beauty is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where early settlers of Iceland established the world’s first democratic parliament. It also has a superb geological setting including its special tectonic and volcanic environment between an earth fissure separating the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Thingvellir is part of the most famous sights of Iceland, namely the Golden Circle.
- Bring lunch, a snack, hiking boots, warm clothes, waterproof jacket and pants, and a backpack
- The tour will return back to Reykjavik in the early afternoon
- Pick-up available from authorized pickup points in Reykjavik
- After purchase, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your pickup. Include your order number and chosen pickup point in the email
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.